Author Topic: Strava  (Read 25207 times)

S2L

Re: Strava
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2020, 08:00:00 pm »

For a system that's basically a pusjotter for cycling/running based willy waving, oddly I'd prefer adverts, that I generally gloss over

As far as I aware it is the only repository of "best efforts" up given segments, some of which are of interest to me. For as long as you can't put a number on your back, it's the most meaningful way to see where one stands in the pecking order, including breakdowns for time of the year, age group etc..
Losing that function, leaves the social media aspect only

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: Strava
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2020, 08:31:29 pm »

For a system that's basically a pusjotter for cycling/running based willy waving, oddly I'd prefer adverts, that I generally gloss over

As far as I aware it is the only repository of "best efforts" up given segments, some of which are of interest to me. For as long as you can't put a number on your back, it's the most meaningful way to see where one stands in the pecking order, including breakdowns for time of the year, age group etc..
Losing that function, leaves the social media aspect only

RWGPS has some sort of segment function, I've paid less attention to them than the strava ones, but thne I've only really much cared about my own segement times as a way of realizing that I'm currently a fat lazy oaf compared to the speed machine I once tried to be*.

* I was never all that fast, but it was still quite a bit faster than now.