Author Topic: Psychic cat  (Read 5198 times)

Julian

• samoture
Psychic cat
« on: 23 July, 2008, 08:11:43 am »
He knows I need to stop playing with the interweb and go to work.

He has kindly managed to reach deep within his little catty bowels to ensure that I leave asap.

*holdy-nose smiley*

:-X

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: Psychic cat
« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2008, 08:56:04 am »
Monty, you terrible cat!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

border-rider

« Reply #2 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:01:41 am »
At the previous Volio Towers, Little Fat Cat had  a litter tray safely removed through two cat-flapped doors in the garage, and Big Cat made his own arrangements involving neighbours' gardens and the jungle that was the front approach to Volio Towers.  We didn't enquire too closely.

Here, we have a tray for each of them in the funny little room with the washing machine, behind the kitchen.   I can tell you that those trays get emptied PDQ after a kitty poo...

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #3 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:26:35 am »
So it isn't just Monty who's particularly malodorous?

On the plus side, I was at work half an hour early.  :)

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:50:09 am »
One of ours - Big Cat - does much smellier poos than the other.  I hadn't appreciated this until I had the opportunity to experience the smell indoors for the first time  :-X

He's now taken to coming inside from the garden to poo.  That seems to be a retrograde step, but there is no bare earth anywhere here - it is all planted, or grass or yard.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:53:13 am »
And how  :(

Montezuma manages to make his poo sound as impressively nasty as it smells.  Such is the volume of the explosive noise that I imagine him screwing up his little catty face in paroxysms of relief as he squeezes it out.

Then he comes sauntering into the living room and licks his arse  :sick:

border-rider

« Reply #6 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:53:48 am »
And how  :(

Montezuma manages to make his poo sound as impressively nasty as it smells.  Such is the volume of the explosive noise that I imagine him screwing up his little catty face in paroxysms of relief as he squeezes it out.

Then he comes sauntering into the living room and licks his arse  :sick:

Then kisses you ?

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:56:29 am »
Pretty much, yeah.

Little git.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #8 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:56:53 am »
I do apologise for inadvertently starting a thread about cat poo. 

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #9 on: 23 July, 2008, 09:58:43 am »
Lord Dashworth's tray resides under the table in the kitchen (no other place for it at the mo, but when the conservatory is built there will be), and I am certain he waits until you are stting down for breakfast/coffee and cake/whatever before parking his breakfast, the little git....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #10 on: 23 July, 2008, 10:02:28 am »
The little cat packs a punch. (Sometimes - she is pretty good at the moment)

When you see Alfie turn his nose up and run upstairs you know it is bad!
It is simpler than it looks.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #11 on: 23 July, 2008, 10:36:00 am »
Daily cat crap carnival at Pingu Towers:

Cat gets into litter tray
Lots of scraping
Cat craps
If it's Mojo there may be sound effects along the lines of 'pffth, thud'
If it's Pippin it may be sloppy if she's been helping herself to next door cat's food
Lots of scraping
Cat gets out of litter tray
Crap remains uncovered  ::-)
Litter is scattered on bedroom floor
Air in the house becomes unbreathable  :-X
There may or may not be klingons to contend with  :hand:

border-rider

« Reply #12 on: 23 July, 2008, 12:03:39 pm »

:o

border-rider

« Reply #13 on: 23 July, 2008, 12:05:46 pm »
Our Little Cat, if left to it, will try to reach Australia.  The litter goes for a long, long way.  We use the wood-based stuff as it is less dusty - the grey rocky sort just created dust that went everywhere.

Elleigh

« Reply #14 on: 23 July, 2008, 12:07:03 pm »
Daily cat crap carnival at Pingu Towers:

Cat gets into litter tray
Lots of scraping
Cat craps
If it's Mojo there may be sound effects along the lines of 'pffth, thud'
If it's Pippin it may be sloppy if she's been helping herself to next door cat's food
Lots of scraping
Cat gets out of litter tray
Crap remains uncovered  ::-)
Air in the house becomes unbreathable  :-X
There may or may not be klingons to contend with  :hand:

That is vaguely familiar, except litter tray lives in the garage.  It is amazing how the smell wafts from the garage into the house.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: 23 July, 2008, 01:40:40 pm »
Our Little Cat, if left to it, will try to reach Australia.  The litter goes for a long, long way.  We use the wood-based stuff as it is less dusty - the grey rocky sort just created dust that went everywhere.
We used to use the wood stuff, however when Mojo had cystitis (or some other sort of UTI) it would appear he then came to associate the litter tray with feelings of discomfort whereupon the the great-cat-pee-on-bed saga of last year erupted, so we had to change the litter to the horrible dusty stuff. (Odour control? - Yeah, right)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #16 on: 23 July, 2008, 02:25:13 pm »
Our kittens share the single tray and have a practised technique called tag team pooping. When one goes, the other follows, ideally waiting for the litter to be changed in between. It's a double-barrelled olfactory blast. We have tried two trays, but they'll only use one of them and still insist on doing a tag team. They'll usually wait all day for us to come home too, just to ensure they get a litter change. It's a lovely way to be greeted.

border-rider

« Reply #17 on: 23 July, 2008, 03:12:47 pm »
Our Little Fat Cat now races to be first to use both litter trays after new litter has been put in, and gets very affronted when evicted by  her brother :)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: 23 July, 2008, 04:40:18 pm »
 :D
Dear departed Tabitha used to do pees in one tray and poos in the other tray and when she was finished would scrape her paw down the bag of litter as if to 'flush the toilet'.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: 23 July, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »
Dear Little Montezuma clearly likes making my life harder by taking a genius bit of kit (scented litter tray liners) and rendering them almost useless by sticking his claws through them as he scratches about in the tray.

And that's onna good day.  When he's feeling particularly malicious towards me, he'll just crap over the side of the tray.

« Reply #20 on: 23 July, 2008, 05:09:37 pm »
We have solved this problem by the simple expedient of having no litter tray at all. Cat meows and asks to go out when it needs the loo.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

bobajobrob

« Reply #21 on: 23 July, 2008, 05:12:32 pm »
I caught my cat using the toilet the other day. He was up on the seat peeing into the bowl :thumbsup: He used to pee in the bath, not sure what has brought about the change but I'm not complaining. I just need to teach him to flush.

border-rider

« Reply #22 on: 23 July, 2008, 05:15:33 pm »
We have a catflap (oddly enough it requires the cats to exit via the top of the washing machine onto a platform I built outside) but also one cat who doesn't go out except with a person there to hold her paw, and one who is less sure of himself than he was and prefers the safety of indoors these days

We didn't have a litter tray at all with the old cat, until one day when she'd been having a hard time from the young toughie cats*, she meeped pitifully, looked up at me and wee'd on my foot in preference to having to go out and face them again.

*OTOH she had when younger knocked seven shades out of them all, being  a hard semi-feral Yorkshire cat transported to the soft south :)

« Reply #23 on: 23 July, 2008, 06:08:55 pm »
Tali can be an absolute bugger for generate "perfume", but it does seem to depend on what he's been scoffing, cheap wet cat food seems the worst.  Luckily he hates going to the loo when being watched, so often does it at night or when I'm at work.  Generally he's an outdoors cat, so I assume that the flower beds suffer accordingly, but that's not an option when I'm cat sitting him.

My sisters two indoors only show cats have an electric, self clearing tray.  After one of them has used it, a rake arrangement motors through the litter and deposits whatever it picks up into a plastic bag at one end of the tray, before closing a lid on it.  It minimises having to be associated with the stuff, as well as smell proofing it to a degree.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #24 on: 23 July, 2008, 11:03:57 pm »
I caught my cat using the toilet the other day. He was up on the seat peeing into the bowl :thumbsup: He used to pee in the bath, not sure what has brought about the change but I'm not complaining. I just need to teach him to flush.

One of my sister's cats had a novel way of complaining about her not cleaning the litter tray. He peed into a bucket! Excellent Balance.
It is simpler than it looks.