Author Topic: Micro 4/3 lens adapters  (Read 1332 times)

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
Micro 4/3 lens adapters
« on: 01 June, 2012, 11:19:48 am »
I have some Olympus OM fit lenses that I'd like to try on my Panasonic GF2. There's a few cheap (sub £10) adapters on eBay (example). Has anyone had any experience of these?
Pen Pusher

AndyK

Re: Micro 4/3 lens adapters
« Reply #1 on: 01 June, 2012, 11:26:44 am »
I have no experience of them but at less than a tenner I'd say they're worth a punt anyway.

« Reply #2 on: 01 June, 2012, 11:32:06 am »
I have some Olympus OM fit lenses that I'd like to try on my Panasonic GF2. There's a few cheap (sub £10) adapters on eBay (example). Has anyone had any experience of these?

I've tried adapters for M42 on Sony NEX5. and a mate has used his Olympus OM lenses on a Sony NEX7. It's just a matter of setting the camera to manual. It requires a bit of nous to use manual focus. The NEX 7 will put a brightline around sharply focused points with a manual lens. It's worth a tenner to play around a bit.

« Reply #3 on: 01 June, 2012, 04:12:12 pm »
I don't know how GF2 LCDs work, but this is a neat idea for NEX's.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCQi5qlIfoA&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TCQi5qlIfoA&rel=1</a>

« Reply #4 on: 01 June, 2012, 04:19:29 pm »
Panasonics magnify part of the image to allow you focus, and then when you've finished focusing it zooms out again.

I use Pentax manual focus lenses on my G2, with a kiwi adaptor, they're pretty good, but it's just a metal tube, I don't know if they do an equivalent Olympus one.

« Reply #5 on: 01 June, 2012, 04:33:42 pm »
Sony's do the same, but with a lens with no electrical connection to the camera you have to activate the 'focus assist' manually, and it can interfere with the composition. The 'viewfinder' also enables you to work in bright conditions. on a camera without an EVF.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #6 on: 04 June, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
I'm using an £18 m42 adapter on my GF1 and it is fine.