Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 525218 times)

Cooked with pomelo pith for the first time last night, we put it in a curry.  2 days of soaking the pith and changing the water, well worth it.

simonp

Damn him. It tastes brilliant too.

Darn you to heck as well, as if I wasn't already hungry.

simonp

Something wot I made a year ago:

For revenge by SimonP2006, on Flickr

Chris S

It's kept quite well, hasn't it?

simonp

It's kept quite well, hasn't it?

If you look very carefully, you can still see it - on my waist.

WTF was that, Simon?  :sick:
To whom was the revenge being meted out?

simonp

WTF was that, Simon?  :sick:
To whom was the revenge being meted out?

It was in response to a picture of bread pudding which made me hungry.

It's something like this: www.landolakes.com/recipe/1010/baked-lemon-pudding-cake

Very, very nice.

We make that, and in our house it's called lemon delicious pudding. It makes its own custard, and is yummy.

We've just purchased a slow cooker - impulse buy but £15 in Lakeland last weekend seemed too good value to see if we liked it. So far it's proved brilliant on two occasions where we have gone swimming after work, cycled home and had dinner ready to go the moment we walked in the door.

Any good cookbooks for them? I know can use the internet but I like collecting cookbooks.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

Sara Lewis: The Complete Slow Cooker or similar.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
The missus brought home some Ayurvedic Aztec "tea".

Please don't explain.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
We've just purchased a slow cooker ... Any good cookbooks for them? I know can use the internet but I like collecting cookbooks.
Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker, if you have any non-carnivorous tendencies.  By Robin Robertson, and not (as I keep reading it) Robert Robinson

Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker, if you have any non-carnivorous tendencies.  By Robin Robertson, and not (as I keep reading it) Robert Robinson
nor by Robbie Robertson... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KP9PNSUME4

The missus brought home some Ayurvedic Aztec "tea".

Please don't explain.
It's Tea, Jim, but not as we know it.

I have a feeling that Aztec tea is mostly cocoa (not powdered). So historically correct.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

mcshroom

• Mushroom
First stew of the autumn is simmering on my stove at the moment. Finally accepted it's not summer any more.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

First stew of the autumn is simmering on my stove at the moment. Finally accepted it's not summer any more.
I'll be over shortly, to see what it's like....

Just looked at the nutrition info on the back of a bag of apples.  It says there are 9 servings in the bag.  There were 5 apples.  I suspect a serving is based on weight, but  ??? :facepalm:

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

The French on the "Meat Makes Cancer" pronouncement

http://piwee.net/1-tweet-mrrant-viande-rouge-oms-271015/

(sorry 'tis in French, one of my faves: "How come, every time they find something causing cancer, it is never work, family meals or Justin Bieber?" the first one is "Prepare a Raclette, remove carcinogenic foods, eat the wooden spatula")

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
"Fumer tue, boire tue, respirer tue, baiser tue, manger de la viande tue. Heureusement il reste le ping pong."

;D
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
For the first time ever, I was not asked "Salt and Vinegar?" in the chip shop tonight.
They've finally got it.

I put Vinegar on at home.  Putting it on and then wrapping it and sticking it in a pannier just makes them soggy.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Sainsbury's have redone their website.
It is S-L-O-W-E-R than before and can only display two or three wares on my laptop screen before I need to scroll down.

I DON'T NEED FUCKING PICTURES! I KNOW HOW A BANANA LOOKS!

I just want to shop efficiently without bloat slowing me down!

It is S-L-O-W-E-R than before and can only display two or three wares on my laptop screen before I need to scroll down.

Oh $h!t.
:0(

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Oh $h!t.
:0(

I looked in vain for an easy place to inform them of my displeasure.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Lidl has some fantastic deals on whole Serrano (£29) and Iberico (£99) hams. That's Christmas sorted... :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor