Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 160087 times)

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
Cue that wondrous rhyme of yesteryear:

Holy, holy, holy
Not in guacamole
Nor in a frijole
Thy countenance we see
But on a tortilla -
Bless Saint Sensimilla!
There we get to see ya
Etched eternally.
Où sont les merguez d'antan ?

I totted up my "five a day", just to check, and so far I'm at 21. Although one of those is a combination of herbs and spices.

That should keep you going.... ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I totted up my "five a day", just to check, and so far I'm at 21. Although one of those is a combination of herbs and spices.

I don't think that's feasible if a nominal portion is ~80g.

1.6kg produce in a day...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Crisps do count as part of your five a day, no?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
As much as chocolate oranges do... (Seasonal Fruit chez nous)

Srsly Potatoes apparently don't count, even if microwaved and eaten unpeeled without added fat.

I don't think that's feasible if a nominal portion is ~80g.

1.6kg produce in a day...
I'm working on handfuls. I weighed my breakfast after draining the excess water and it was 1.2kg. That was brown rice, red lentils, mushrooms, spring greens, carrot, quinoa, raisins, and herbs/spices. While it was cooking I had some fruit, apple, orange, banana, and some nuts.
I'd have that twice a day, sometimes three, changing the ingredients, and fit in a bowl of oat porridge with berries and raisins/currants.
Plus more fruit in between and maybe some whole meal toast with jam/marmalade/marmite.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
Crisps do count as part of your five a day, no?

Yes, and each flavour counts individually towards the total.

1.2 kg of breakfast! Visiting the toilet must be like something out of Dambusters.
!nataS pihsroW

1.2 kg of breakfast! Visiting the toilet must be like something out of Dambusters.

Fucking terrifying if it bounces ...