Author Topic: CSI: Rat  (Read 1166 times)

CSI: Rat
« on: 03 August, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »
When I got to work this morning, there was a dead rat on the paving outside the building.

It was a small rat, maybe a 4 or 5 inch body (not counting tail). The body was completely intact, except for a small, fairly neat hole in the belly, a couple of cms across, with entrail coming out from it in a long line.

My assumption was that a local cat had brought us a present, but I don't know if the hole is right for that. MFWHTBAB wondered if it died of natural causes and something pecked it.

Any ideas?

It was a rodenty day. Later on I found a rather dessicated mouse in a recycling box.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: CSI: Rat
« Reply #1 on: 03 August, 2012, 11:41:57 pm »
Xenomorph larva.  Avoid bins unless armed with a flamethrower, pulse rifle and 40mm grenade launcher.

« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2012, 08:56:07 am »
Hmmm. I think if we ask for all that kit, we're really going to have trouble fighting the idea we should be wearing helmets when riding the trikes...

Bin stores are nothing. It's the new forms of life evolving in the bottom of some of the recycling boxes I'm worried about.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2012, 10:41:49 am »
Hole pecked by a crow. Or killed by a weasel and weasel just fancied eating entrails.

I think there is a bit of a rat population explosion in york. Cat has brought in young rats (dead) two days in a row now.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Euan Uzami

« Reply #4 on: 09 August, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »
Old age?