Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 204076 times)

Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #2325 on: June 14, 2018, 05:49:04 pm »
Nothing here... I've got FOMO...

And rightly so.

The 'Readers' Wives' section this month is phenomenal.

« Reply #2326 on: June 14, 2018, 05:51:03 pm »
The back cover ... Invisibility cloak?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

« Reply #2327 on: June 14, 2018, 07:28:54 pm »

John Sherlock, international man of mystery.

He was wearing a black gilet over a bright yellow jacket, and my camera couldn't cope with the yellow. Looks as though it just interpolated the background - I never noticed :facepalm:

Dale's photo shows how he looked: https://flic.kr/p/CWAmsS

« Reply #2328 on: June 14, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »
:D
I was wondering how it happened. Green screening in more glamorous models, double exposures...
Now to actually read it. I've been really enjoying the new look version

« Reply #2329 on: June 15, 2018, 08:57:37 am »

Yeah, when Dean sent it to me I was baffled, not seen anything like that before.

EDIT - Just got my copy. Err... yeah... the effort of the volunteers is appreciated but this whole helmet thing can fuck right off. In the bin it goes.

mattc

• "Hannibal"
  • n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2330 on: June 15, 2018, 10:29:28 am »
It's looking better and better. The article on the last page will get mattc jolly batey
If you've written in to slag off The Morris, I shall be jolly cross.  :hand:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #2331 on: June 15, 2018, 10:33:32 am »
I was interested to read the story about Tom Hatton and his ride to Portugal, as I rode with him on my first ever (or was it second?) 300 and remember him telling me about his friend. Good bloke!
The earth is vast and beautiful and contains many miraculous places. (Chekhov)

grahamparks

• London N19
    • My Instagram
« Reply #2332 on: June 15, 2018, 05:16:00 pm »
He was wearing a black gilet over a bright yellow jacket, and my camera couldn't cope with the yellow. Looks as though it just interpolated the background - I never noticed :facepalm:

Looks like it was taken on a camera with an HDR mode which takes two frames at different exposure levels and stitches them together to hide the overexposed parts. Which works great as long as the subject isn't moving!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2333 on: June 15, 2018, 08:14:50 pm »
My copy of Arrivée arrived today.
I think it's great!
The invisibility cloak is amusing and the pedant in me can get picky but it's always picky.
Great read. Love the paper quality!

Thanks a million, team!

« Reply #2334 on: June 28, 2018, 11:42:27 pm »

Looks like it was taken on a camera with an HDR mode which takes two frames at different exposure levels and stitches them together to hide the overexposed parts. Which works great as long as the subject isn't moving!

No, it was the green. All the other photos of riders taken at the same time with the same settings have all arms, heads etc present and correct: https://flic.kr/p/ZVL9Yv

« Reply #2335 on: July 12, 2018, 07:32:51 pm »
When was the last issue? I've not moved an home and membership is up to date, not had a copy for months.
Mind of a cyclist, body of a dart's player.

bhoot

• Mrs RRtY
« Reply #2336 on: July 12, 2018, 08:58:03 pm »
About 4 weeks ago. Send a mail to membership@audax.uk with your real name and membership number and I will check if you have somehow slipped through the mailing list net.