Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 1371 times)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 07:47:30 am »
^ That's physically similar to (or the same as) one of OCZ's, but OCZ are said to have better firmware.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 10:58:07 am »
what would be the smallest ssd I could get away with to replace my 500gb hd, The way I see it is that the ssd drives are better quality and faster than standard hd's so in my head for example a standard 500gb hd = 320 or 128 gb ssd, or have I got it all wrong as usual. :) 

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 11:07:34 am »
Please see Reply #20 again.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 11:15:40 am »
ps.  You tend to have a lot more capacity with HDD than you need because it's cheap, but with expensive SSD, it's worth being more careful with what you store, in order to get more speed.

I'm comfortably using a 60GB SSD with a laptop running Windows XP that previously had a 500GB HD.  Big stuff like videos: I have on external HDD.

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 01:17:01 pm »
well that would be ok then as I don't tend to store videos, I mainly have pictures, music and a few office documents but the pictures could be stored on photobucket or similar, so that would just leave the music, until I get a cd player sorted and my office documents which I should really back up off of the computer anyway. We recently picked up a TV from ebay, when we went to pick it up the chap had a 1TB external HD that he stored all his films on, I'd never thought of that, I still can't decide between VHS or Betamax :)