Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 48030 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2019, 03:51:15 pm »
F5.  No progress.  Time to raise this with the sender, since they appear not to let the recipient have the temerity to complain.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

spesh

• It's starting to look a lot like Cthulhumas!
« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2019, 06:46:06 pm »
Time to practice escalatio and deploy TEH BEAR and/or the Frying Pan of SPANG as well, I'd have thought. This is manifestly taking the mock...
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2019, 08:03:02 pm »
Anyone else in the habit of adding hazardous items to orders so they automagically get upgraded to a decent courier?  A spare flux pen is bound to come in useful...

In what may or may not be karma, everything that *wasn't* hazmat (and some unobtanium resistors that are on back-order) turned up by the generally competent UPS in less than 24 hours.

I've also been sent a tube of low bandwidth op-amps that don't appear to be a random substitution[1] for anything I actually ordered.  I'm going to chalk that up as a marginal gain.

[1] Farnell don't sell bread or cephalopods, but I've had power regulators turn into draught excluder foam, which is almost as good.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #453 on: Yesterday at 01:26:43 pm »
Time to practice escalatio and deploy TEH BEAR and/or the Frying Pan of SPANG as well, I'd have thought. This is manifestly taking the mock...

An e-mail will be winging its way to the lovely girls and boys at Rockosmos shortly.  Not that I expect any action until Monday as they are The Music Biz and will therefore be Insensible due to Unmentionable Debauchery and Moral Turpitude all weekend.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

spesh

• It's starting to look a lot like Cthulhumas!
« Reply #454 on: Yesterday at 01:37:31 pm »
I initially misread Rockosmos as Roscosmos - which would have put a totally different spin on your parcel being "in the Hermes system".

As in, "it's en-route to Mercury". :demon:
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche