Author Topic: Ketogenic diet - fad or phenom?  (Read 136113 times)

Re: Ketogenic diet - fad or phenom?
« Reply #1200 on: February 03, 2021, 07:21:17 am »
Back into keto the last couple of days and the headache!

« Reply #1201 on: Yesterday at 12:38:18 pm »
often lost.

« Reply #1202 on: Yesterday at 03:45:25 pm »
Please don't hate me for sharing a Daily Mail article...but its very topical to the subject at hand.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9314239/Growing-army-doctors-helping-patients-REVERSE-DIABETES.html?fbclid=IwAR0C5hAybMh45rIm86FkmVKLMroY8mssVAF4H19tr8BeUe8RPNxC3UOijUs

No hate on you, but I’ll go out on a limb and point out that a significant proportion of the visible low carb evangelists have managed to combine some form of Covid denial with climate change denial.

That’s not to say the approach is without merit, but the team at Newcastle Uni have achieved similar results for T2 diabetes in peer reviewed studies using very low calorie, but sugar based, diets to support significant weight loss.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1203 on: Yesterday at 04:11:05 pm »
I thought Keto/low carb can sometimes help reverse type 2 diabetes was a known thing - I think the NHS website even says that now. Certainly I've seen it on Michael Mosley's various TV programmes etc.

I'm not clicking on a Daily Mail link though ;-)
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #1204 on: Yesterday at 04:26:54 pm »
Diabetes UK recommend the Low Carb Program

NHS are working with Weight Watchers "diabetes prevention programme" - lower carb than the previous WW options

NHS also recommend Second Nature -a low carb program

It's becoming standard practise first line defence against T2 diabetes: low carb weight loss.
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

ian

• feat. Undead Jess & Finestre, Queen of Hell
« Reply #1205 on: Yesterday at 04:36:38 pm »
For the record, any weight loss will impact type 2 diabetes (and this has long been the recommendation).
Support the Great Surrey Bear Census 2020