Author Topic: recumbent jerseys  (Read 953 times)

recumbent jerseys
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »
Anyone know where in the Uk one can get recumbent jerseys from?!

Cheers
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

Re: recumbent jerseys
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »
No, but IME normal jerseys with pockets aren't really an issue. Tho' I try to avoid those with zips on the back anywhere awkward - those have zips almost on the side on those are a reasonable compromise 'cos at least you can lob some backup folding money in 'em.] (annoyingly one year Northwave went from side-zip to across-the-back..)

Those with more of a 'race' fit - ie relatively shorter front wrt the back - tend to ruck up a bit less across the belly, as do jerseys without a full-length zip. (Tho' I have several handy bits of ls/ss gear that is full-length.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:34:05 am »
The best kit I have for recumbent is from BHPC - plus it has the coolest logo - British Human Power.  shirts and jackets.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Kim

• An appetite for the epic, but no real stamina
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »
No, but IME normal jerseys with pockets aren't really an issue. Tho' I try to avoid those with zips on the back anywhere awkward - those have zips almost on the side on those are a reasonable compromise 'cos at least you can lob some backup folding money in 'em.] (annoyingly one year Northwave went from side-zip to across-the-back..)

Seconded.  The pockets on YACF jerseys, for example, aren't a problem (other than being another layer of fabric to absorb sweat).  What I have trouble with is the elasticated waist, which tends to ride up on people with hips.  Add a recumbent seat, and you can end up lying on the bunched-up fabric.  I removed the elastic from one of mine, but left the pockets, as they're useful for carrying stuff to/from the bike and when I ride an upright.

Mountain bike style jerseys (which tend to have smaller pockets at the side) work well on recumbents, though they do flap about a bit - depends what sort of riding you're doing as to whether that's a problem.  How much of a problem zips on the back are depends on your seat material:  They're a no-no with closed cell foam, seem to be mostly harmless with Ventisit, and are a minor annoyance on mesh.

I'll be reporting back on the recumbent-friendliness of the YACF gilet just as soon as the heatwave's over.  Looks good, though.
I do find anything involving ball bearings oddly satisfying