Author Topic: Endura Hummvee Shorts,  (Read 4193 times)

Endura Hummvee Shorts,
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:47:29 am »
I bought a pair of these the other day so that I can ride to the doctors or do a bit of shopping without scaring the general populace of Brecon, as we know they come with a pair of padded inner shorts fitted which I find very comfy,  I did about 50Km in them in quite warm weather and they were ok a bit on the warm side but not uncomfortably so, the inner shorts are very easy to take out if they're not required
and the baggy shorts are full of pockets and air vents, They're comfy to walk around in too which is handy and off the bike they just look like a pair of baggy shorts. The size thing is a bit of a problem, I've had a pair of large endura long trousers which I couldn't do up so I went to the shop looking for extra large, they only had large or XXL so ever the optimist I went for large and to my surprise they fitted, maybe because of the elasticated waist, they also do up with a button not a popper, so all in all I'm very happy with mine but I would definitely try before you buy, the only minus points are for price, I think £46 for a pair of shorts is a bit pricey but saying that they are well made, comfy and very practical so maybe the price isn't too bad I'm just being tight, I would give them 8 out of 10 :thumbsup:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Endura Hummvee Shorts,
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:58:08 pm »
I have a pair too, they get used for all types of riding as they are comfortable and the extra pockets are handy for wallet, keys etc.

I, too found the same problem as Oranj, but sorted it with a small pair of scissors.  The darts in the knees seem badly sewn or trimmed which causes this.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 02:37:20 pm »
I have a pair of 3/4 length Humvees that are probably my favourite cycling gear. I use them for commuting and touring, and have also worn them on a 150k audax recently without any problems :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 02:38:58 pm »
The women's version isn't designed for cyclist legs.   >:(
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

LEE

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »
I have a pair of Endura 3/4 shorts, ("Zyme" not the humvees ).

I don't like them for cycling in, they just never feel right at the knee, too much rubbing going on.

However, rolled up slightly, they are my favourite pair of general purpose shorts. Very hardwearing with zipped pockets all over the place.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »
I liked them so much I bought the company another pair.

My favourite all purpose leg-wear. On the bike, in the garden, on walks etc.

If I had niggles, the first would be that they're a bit on the small side re sizing (or that might just be me!). That said, I've lost shed loads of gut recently so it's probably a good thing.

Secondary niggle: so many damn pockets that whenever you want something you stand there frisking yourself for five minutes before locating it.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 05:02:30 pm »
I would love a pair but for some reason, even in the US, they don't make them in a real man size. Even at 42-44" they are still way to tight for when one sits down for one to comfortable about the idea about a future family.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 08:57:03 pm »
I would love a pair but for some reason, even in the US, they don't make them in a real man size. Even at 42-44" they are still way to tight for when one sits down for one to comfortable about the idea about a future family.

My last pair of XXL's split up the rear seam when I was squatting down to adjust a tent peg  :-[
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 11:27:07 am »
I have nearly all Endura stuff, it just seems to work. These are no different and while I don't use the pockets on the trails they are useful for when I just want a pedal round the park.

That said, I had to buy a large pair that are meant to be for 35"-37" waists. I have a 30" waist.

I have some FS260-pro SL bib shorts too. These are also excellent, but in theses I'm a comfortable medium, which is 33"-35".

My advice with any cycling clothing, try before you by or at least order from a place with free delivery.

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 11:38:14 am »
I have a pair of 3/4 length Humvees that are probably my favourite cycling gear.  :)

seconded

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 11:44:32 am »
Quality is good but sizing is way off compared to other brands.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 11:52:40 am »
Interesting that this thread has re-emerged.  My pair are now beginning to fall apart.  That's not a criticism, they have been very heavily used for three years.  I ride in them all year round – I pull them on over my winter leggings during the cold weather – can’t do without having all the pockets.  I also use them as ordinary civy  wear on non cycling days.

I’m thinking of buying a new pair and was wondering whether they’d been superseded by anything better.  Particularly as the inner shorts are something I never use and are therefore un-necessary price inflators.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

tiermat

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 11:56:49 am »
Interesting that this thread has re-emerged.  My pair are now beginning to fall apart.  That's not a criticism, they have been very heavily used for three years.  I ride in them all year round – I pull them on over my winter leggings during the cold weather – can’t do without having all the pockets.  I also use them as ordinary civy  wear on non cycling days.

I’m thinking of buying a new pair and was wondering whether they’d been superseded by anything better.  Particularly as the inner shorts are something I never use and are therefore un-necessary price inflators.

1) Buy a pair of Craghopper Kiwi trousers.
2) find a seemstress/clothing alterations place
3) get them to cut off the Kiwis at the seam just below knee level, and re-sew the hem.
4) Job done, all for about £27 (which is what the last pair cost me, £20 for the troos and £7 for the sewing)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:44 pm »
My enduras ripped earlier this year. I also went over to Craghoppers:

1) Buy pair of trousers.
2) put them on.
3) roll up trouser legs to just below knee.
4) wonder why daughters won't be seen in public with you.

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:43 pm »
The Craghopper base camp trousers also result in reasonable shorts.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 04:25:13 pm »
I have Kiwi trousers for walking and they are great, but would miss the big back pockets on the Humvees.

I now have a scond pair of 3/4s in black. The newer inner shorts are better than the older ones IMHO, and a big improvement for me was the replacement of the front popper with a proper button.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 05:36:48 pm »
The newer inner shorts are better than the older ones IMHO, and a big improvement for me was the replacement of the front popper with a proper button.

That does it for me.  New humvees it shall be.  Do they still have the zippable ventilation slits? 

The crag hoppers don't appear to have anything like enough pockets.
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 05:37:56 pm »
The vent slits are still there :)

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 05:39:09 pm »
The newer inner shorts are better than the older ones IMHO, and a big improvement for me was the replacement of the front popper with a proper button.
:thumbsup:

The arse still wears a bit though. My black pair have a shiny white bum :facepalm:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

tiermat

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 07:56:02 pm »

That does it for me.  New humvees it shall be.  Do they still have the zippable ventilation slits? 

The crag hoppers don't appear to have anything like enough pockets.

What? Is 10 not enough?

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »
Really?  That doesn't show on the pictures I've looked at.  Double hip and thigh, one zipped, one not I assume.