Author Topic: Blood in cat's pee  (Read 685 times)

Porkins

• Formerly Nick H. And a long time ago etc, Eurostar
Blood in cat's pee
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »
One year old female cat. From what I've read it seems to be this: http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-urinarytract-problems.htm There's blood in the litter tray and she's been complaining and sitting in unusual places with her peeing face on, so I suppose she associates the litter tray with pain. So, I'll phone the vet in the morning - but what should I do right now? She hasn't peed inside yet - I don't think - and I put her out in the street a few minutes ago. I'll get her in in a minute (there's no catflap). I'm thinking I'll shut her in the bathroom overnight. Her litter tray is in there but if she won't use it and she pees on the floor or on the bathmat it's a lot better than her peeing anywhere else. But she hates being shut in there and likes to sleep in my bedroom.  :'( Is there anything I can do to relieve her pain?  :'(  :'(

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: Blood in cat's pee
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:48:22 am »
Sad news, as you say Porkers. I don't know any relief you can personally give to your cat, and taking her to the vets as soon as possible, would be the best for both your cat and you emotionally. Hope there's a positive outcome.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:04:23 am »
Poor kitty. Hope she had a reasonable night and that you can get her to the vet soon.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:00:06 am »
Get her to the vet - probably clearable with antibiotics

Make sure she has access to lots of water and *no* dried food.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Porkins

• Formerly Nick H. And a long time ago etc, Eurostar
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:33:50 pm »
Panic over, Blue Cross came to the rescue at incredibly short notice. It seems much easier to get treatment for an animal than a human, and when I showed them my bank statement they let me off the bill. She now has painkillers and antibiots. And after that one episode of discomfort yesterday evening she's had no problems since - had a peaceful night on my bed and quite enjoyed her tube journey to Victoria. She's as full of beans as....the Heinz factory?