Author Topic: B@st@rd squirrel!  (Read 5834 times)

Re: B@st@rd squirrel!
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 07:01:38 am »
 ;D

LindaG

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:25 am »
What's a compact cassette?
Srsly?
Or are you being wag-like?

Well you were the one who brought it up   ???

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 12:23:24 pm »
Srsly?

Surely it is one of those mini cassettes that you used to find in answer phones and dictaphones  :demon:

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 12:38:50 pm »
You should count yourself luck that it wasn't this guy:

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 02:04:56 pm »
Srsly?

Well you were the one who brought it up   ???

I had never heard it referred to as a "Compact Cassette" before. I thought they were just "Cassettes", or "Cassette tapes" but a google enlightened me.
Eating's a serious business. Don't bollocks around wagging your tail.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 02:10:45 pm »
Wowbagger uses 8-track Lear jets.
Getting there...

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2013, 05:58:57 pm »
I couldn't see him because he'd gone down the centre of a Persian rug I have rolled up under there.
Had I been smart, I would've closed off both ends of the rug, carried said rug to the outdoors, and released him back into the wild (wild in a South London kinda way)....

For which you could have been fined. It is illegal to release a captured grey squirrel into the wild. They must be humanely killed, or handed over to someone (e.g. the RSPCA) who can do it for you.

Shooting with a .22 air rifle with suitable ammunition is generally considered humane, if you have a steady hand, & guidance on other legal methods can be found on the web.

You can probably argue that you never had the squirrel trapped, so you didn't break the law by chasing it out of your flat.  ;D
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 06:51:28 am »

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »
Jurek, you paint a hilarious picture. The thought of you running around jabbing at an increasingly pissed off/terrified squirrel with a pair of carbon forks is tear-inducing. Thank you.

Cam would have got rid of it sharpish. No squirrels grace our garden with their presence these days. They Remember.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 09:15:29 am »
I would be worried that the squirrel would hurt Morphy. This is the dog whose response to coming face to face with a badger a few weeks ago was to wag in a friendly fashion.

Many moons ago, when my dad kept hens, we had a rat problem. The hen houses, which measured 48' by 24' and each house 100 hens, had sliding doors that were often difficult to close tightly because of chicken dung and straw debris getting in the way. Where a gap of about half an inch existed, the rats widened it and obtained access to the hens' food. We would operate a pincer movement, my brother and I. Late at night, when the hens were roosting on their perches, we'd block the rats' exit with a rolled up newspaper, go in the door at the other end of the house, corner them whilst dazzling them with bright torches and I would then wade in with the cricket bat.

Only once did we make the mistake of sending the dog in after them. The black bit of his nose was virtually bisected by a rat.

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:39 am »
On the other hand a jack russell would have had a happy half hour dispatching the rats.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 10:01:08 am »
On the other hand a jack russell would have had a happy half hour dispatching the rats.

Probably but I think much of it was an eyesight thing. That particular dog wasn't too bad at killing stuff, not like our current ridiculous pooch.

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 10:04:32 am »
Probably. The scruffy little black mongrel terrier whose kingdom is the barns next to our house is no longer the rat killing machine he was in his younger days now his eyesight is fading.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 08:19:52 pm »
I can't believe this thread is five years old! I saw this and thought of you Jurek ;D

Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 08:21:23 pm »
I can't believe this thread is five years old! I saw this and thought of you Jurek ;D

Hah!

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 09:36:46 pm »
There are some little corners of this forum which make you realise what a wonderful place it is.