50 (76.9%)
Good
12 (18.5%)
Indifferent
2 (3.1%)
Avoid
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Rose Bikes  (Read 21356 times)

Re: Roseversand
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 09:42:28 am »
Such bad experience trying to contact Rose that I will never use them again.

They don't respond to email or to the contact form on their web site.

I gave up on the phone after listening to truly awful Deutsche muzac for 15 minutes. 

I remember changing an in flight order a few years ago without problem, but their customer service seems to be non-existent now.

Shame, because all I was looking for was an apology for a minor issue.

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2017, 11:43:44 am »
Well I ordered I light off them two years ago and it stopped working recently, got a refund straight away. Initially they tried to refund to credit card but I don't have the same one now so they refunded it to iban.
It is what it is. It's not what it's not, so it must be what it is.

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2017, 12:30:37 pm »
I had occasion to email them ref a wheel order a couple of years ago. They responded quite quickly. Couldn't fault them.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 12:56:31 pm »
Perhaps you were barking up the wrong tree if you were looking for an "apology". I think German customer service might be more based around functionality rather than platitudes, which is more a quaint English thing. What we would find rude isn't deemed rude in European countries. Same in Croatia, people won't pass the time of day in the street but it's not cos they're ignorant, it's just not the done thing.

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »
Well they shipped one incorrect spoke in a batch of 40, so no big deal.  Hence the initial lack of concern.

However, their failure to even acknowledge receipt of any of several communications makes me somewhat keen to insist on a replacement to fix their error, no matter what it costs them.

Being polite is normally best in any business communication, no matter what the culture (or based on the muzak, their lack thereof....)

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 11:53:17 am »
To be fair to Rose they have now shipped a single correct spoke to replace the original wrong 'un.

Never a hint of "sorry, we got it wrong", though.  Also, the only working way to communicate seems to be by phone, just hang on and keep trying.

I still have to mark this down as my worst customer experience with a cycle e-tailer in the last 10 years.

Shopping experiences from Rose
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2018, 09:09:51 am »
Any negative experiences please?    I'm pretty sure that I have bought from them long ago but I just cannot remember.

Must be age ...

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
Re: Shopping experiences from Rose
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2018, 09:18:58 am »

Re: Rose Bikes
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2018, 06:54:12 pm »
Refund process was a bit convoluted but I'm not complaining as they were giving me my money back on a product that had a relatively minor issue after over three years hard use (and they paid the postage !).
No problems getting email responses, never had to phone them.

Phil W

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2018, 03:22:44 pm »
Usually keen prices and items sent promptly.  Have not had to deal with refunds or mistakes.  Have not used them for a while but it tends to be things like dynamos and lights I get from them.

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 02:18:31 pm »
They pack stuff very carelessly - it just rattles around in a big box.  I think bubblewrap is banned in Germany for environmental reasons.

Have had a short order arrive today (one item missing, could well have escaped from the DHL box as it was small and heavy) so we'll see how they respond.
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 02:54:30 pm »
They pack stuff very carelessly - it just rattles around in a big box.  I think bubblewrap is banned in Germany for environmental reasons.

Have had a short order arrive today (one item missing, could well have escaped from the DHL box as it was small and heavy) so we'll see how they respond.

They're probably victim to the global bubble-wrap and parcel-tape shortage which is caused by SJS cycles insistence on completely mummifying everything they send.  :)

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2018, 03:50:46 pm »
Bugger.  There's another part missing, the inside half of the reamer/facer.  Putting small heavy things loose in an unsealed cardboard box...what could possibly go wrong?

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2019, 07:12:06 pm »
I'm having an issue with a return.
I bought a B+M Lumotec IQ2 Luxos U senso plus front headlamp from Rose Bikes in November 2015.
This failed and was replaced in August 2016
This than failed in Jaunuary 2017 was was replaced with a B+M IQ-X LED
The IQ-X has now also failed

The response from Rose today was;
"Because the article has already been changed 3 times and the original order was too long ago. There is no longer any warranty claim."

As far as I can recall, these lights have a 5 year guarentee, but the link i was provided with for the returns T&Cs no longer works.

Anyone got any advice on this?
@CorbieLinnRider

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2020, 04:16:11 pm »
The way things are going, using Rose will be as easy as using a USian bike shop after the end of this year (i.e. uneconomic, after adding duty, VAT and Parcelfarce taking their cut).  Then we'll be paying whatever Wiggle and SJSC decide to charge.