Author Topic: Sky team for the Tour de France  (Read 1061 times)

Sky team for the Tour de France
« on: 20 June, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »
Chris Froome
Richie Porte
Edvald Boasson Hagen
Peter Kennaugh
Vasil Kiryienka
David López
Kanstantsin Siutsou
Ian Stannard
Geraint Thomas

Pretty much as expected, I think. The same team as the Dauphine (?).  The Colombians will be resting after the Giro and preparing for the Vuelta with one of them, presumably, the the nominated leader.

Re: Sky team for the Tour de France
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2013, 08:22:07 pm »
Surprised there's no place for Bernie Eisel. Perhaps they are not interested in winning sprint stages, just taking a chance on EBH and GT slipping into breaks or latching onto other teams' lead-out trains.
Working my way up to inferior.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2013, 07:01:25 am »
I only hope we don't have to watch the Sky train going uphill at a constant speed for hours on end like last year  :facepalm:

« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2013, 08:08:22 am »
At least Froome is more capable than Wiggins of attacking on the steeper slopes, even if it will only be from a km out.  But to get to that point I don't see why Sky would want to change a winning formula.  So Stannard and Siutsou won't get much TV time while they're slogging away keeping breaks in check, then the others take their turns on the final climb in their pre-determined order.  That all assumes, of course, that by the time they get to the mountains Froome has a lead to defend.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #4 on: 21 June, 2013, 11:15:56 pm »
Geraint Thomas will be a super-domestique again - leading out sprints and hauling them up the mountains. I hope he gets to be a grand tour team leader in the next couple of years.