Author Topic: Getting to Davenant School by car: saturday & sunday  (Read 875 times)

Getting to Davenant School by car: saturday & sunday
« on: 22 July, 2013, 01:35:42 pm »
Did I read something somwhere about issues getting to Loughton by car, for registration, and for the start?
ie, its not advised/possible?

Or is it ok?

Reg.T

• "You don't have to go fast; you just have to go."
Re: Getting to Davenant School by car: saturday & sunday
« Reply #1 on: 22 July, 2013, 01:40:57 pm »
From the Rider Guide email:
Motor vehicles are not permitted in the school during registration and the start of London Edinburgh London.
Just turn me loose let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies

« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »
There is no problem with you coming to the area by car on Saturday, but we ask you to be very sensible about where you park in the surrounding streets.   It is a residential area, and the local people get on fairly well with the school, but many are unhappy with the traffic it brings.  Please don't add to their unhappiness in the school holidays!!

THERE IS NO PARKING AT THE SCHOOL.  THERE IS NO PARKING AT THE SCHOOL

On Sunday, Prologue riders will arrive at the school along Willingale Road from the direction of Debden, so please don't park along there if you are being dropped off.

The ride itself exits the school gate across Willingale Road and along Chester Road, before turning right along Pyrles Lane.  Please don't park there.

Colebrook Lane runs parallel with Chester Road, and there are good opportunities to park there for a while.  Please be careful with noise in the early hours of Sunday morning before people are up and about.

Keith

« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2013, 02:15:01 pm »
Thanks chaps.
I knew I'd read something somewhere.

Cheers for parking advice Keeff