Author Topic: On-One Merino LS Jersey  (Read 1827 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
On-One Merino LS Jersey
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:24:28 pm »
Pingu bought one of these mid weight jerseys for commuting after having success with the base layers from the same place.
It's been washed twice (on a cool wash, we have lots of merino already) and now it feels like fuzzy felt and is only fit for wearing by a Little Blue penguin.
Avoid.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Re: On-One Merino LS Jersey
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »
Pingu bought one of these mid weight jerseys for commuting after having success with the base layers from the same place.
It's been washed twice (on a cool wash, we have lots of merino already) and now it feels like fuzzy felt and is only fit for wearing by a Little Blue penguin.
Avoid.

I have one like this too. Worn once, washed once and now I'm keeping it for my grand children, it should fit them when they are about 2  :o

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 02:46:32 pm »
Similar experience here. Shame the zip doesn't shrink to match.

Strangely, a friend bought one from an older batch (few years ago now) and hasn't had any issue with it.

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »
Chris has one he bought himself that's always been fine. I bought him one which is now fit only for fairground teddies.
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

mattc

• "Hannibal"
  • n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 03:04:29 pm »
Mine's been fine too.   ???

I was at Planet X last week, they're still selling loads of these - hard to believe they've had much negative feedback. Although they're dirt cheap, so perhaps customers don't expect much (and being merino they don't need much washing!)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Pippa

• Audax and marathon widow
    • 2016 Tour Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »
Adamski had one of these that I washed for him cos I'm nice. I had to give it to my nephew. He's got another one which has never been washed. I'm not sure which is worse.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 05:44:50 pm »
Both HK and I have one bought at the same time but different colours. My one has shrunk to fit her, her's is fine.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 06:13:03 pm »
Green is good, black is clearly too stylish for full size people and only for teeny tiny people. With very strong arms (it's quite stiff now).
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »
My toddler sized one is dark green  :-\

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »
Pingu's teeny penguin suit is orange.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 01:40:56 pm »
I bought the thin long and short sleeve ones when they first had them a couple of years ago. Both are still the same shape and size after much use and washing. Have to say they are good for short runs but have had major chafing issues on longer rides. Compared to other merinos I have (Howies and M&S(!?!) ) the wool is alot coarser. I've finished 200's with serious rubbage on my hips and recently on a 400 the base layer completely rubbed the skin off around my neck and had an inch wide semi circular scar around the back of my neck for a couple of weeks. Not nice but usually you don't notice till it's too late! :facepalm:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »
My P-X ones have all shrunk, my XTM ones (bought for the same price as the P-X ones, but from TK Maxx) have not.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 03:53:29 pm »
Mine gets washed and tumble dried in the general wash. Hasn't shrunk.

Ignore this. Talking bollocks. I have the base layer
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 06:22:26 pm »
What a shame have several of their base layers and they are really good.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.