Author Topic: Helinox chairs  (Read 6944 times)

Speshact

• Charlie
Helinox chairs
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »
If you're looking for a compact, durable and thoroughly comfortable chair then, although it's certainly not cheap, I recommend the Helinox chair http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/accessories-c10/seats-and-sitmats-c47/helinox-chair-one-p1188. We've got two of these now - having bought one to check they don't fall apart, before buying the second. They're shared between three people, one being a teenager who is incapable of gently sitting down, rather than collapsing into the chair, and seem to be taking the punishment.

They're great when touring - comfortable enough to sit and doze in during the middle heat of the day, and great for an evening sitting and talking or reading.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Helinox chairs
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:11:25 pm »
We have two.  Butterfly found it very useful on our last camping trip.

Personally, I prefer a sit mat on the ground, but the Helinox is very comfortable, light and compact.
We are all just prisoners here of our own (mobile) device.

LEE

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:42:23 am »
I sat in one in our local camping store.  As Clarion says, comfy.

However, as Clarion also says, I prefer the Thermarest chair adapter.  I don't think it can get any comfier.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:42:54 pm »
I got one for Christmas (to my surprise) after a recommendation here. Everyone who has seen it is very impressed.

Kim

• An appetite for the epic, but no real stamina
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 12:43:06 am »
However, as Clarion also says, I prefer the Thermarest chair adapter.  I don't think it can get any comfier.

Depends.  Sitting at ground level can be problematic for sufferers of Knees.  Otherwise, those mat adaptors win hands down on elegance (well, possibly a draw with ICE trikes  ;D).

If my Coleman Exponent stool (highly recommended, btw) dies, I'm going to give serious consideration to the Helinox.
Watching the TV without subtitles is like riding up a hill without using the gears :)

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 09:23:23 am »
Thanks for the recommendation. That's the anniversary present sorted!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 12:07:54 pm »
I should add to this! I bought ours when I was pregnant and struggling with my back as well as everything else. I have now used them on several camping trips as well as trips to the park. They work brilliantly: small enough to carry in the bike trailer or saddle bag, quick to erect and sturdy enough for me to roll out of if I get stuck. My back doesn't like stools and I need some support when I'm feeding the little duck, which was adequately provided by the Helinox. I won't be happy to camp without one now :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:42 pm »
and I used mine before xmas for a job which required hours observing junctions. The job would have been very tiring without the chair and was made easy by having it.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 12:40:24 am »
I have just bought a couple of these at a heavily discounted price - £64.99 each!

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/Helinox
Whaddawewant? Gratification! Whendowewannit? Not just yet...

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 10:17:43 am »
Good spot. The teenager (see op) now has her own

Kim

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 12:30:54 pm »
Yeah, reckon we could do with one of those...  *clicky*
Watching the TV without subtitles is like riding up a hill without using the gears :)

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 02:34:51 pm »
I see that the price has gone back up to >£80.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 04:58:50 pm »
If you use the 15% C&CC or CTC discount at Cotswold they are £68

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 09:52:01 am »
Ours arrived this morning. I'm very impressed. They are recommended for fatties up to 145kg. I'm 29kg less than that so it should have no excuse for collapsing under my enormous bulk.

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 12:24:39 pm »
*Goes off to find my LCC card*  :D

Kim

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »
Got mine this morning too.

Comfortable, lightweight and oddly sturdy as expected, though I hadn't realised quite how bulky they were when packed.  You could almost fit a tent in that volume.  I expect I'll be sticking with the Coleman stool (maybe a quarter of the volume and a bit over half the weight) for more cycling-intensive trips.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 05:11:47 pm »
I expect I'll be sticking with the Coleman stool (maybe a quarter of the volume and a bit over half the weight) for more cycling-intensive trips.

That was exactly my thought when I first got my Helinox. It took only one trip to change my mind and have taken the chair ever since.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »
Mine waiting to be sat in to drink tea on Coll.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 12:29:43 pm »

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »
I ordered a couple of them on Thursday night and they should be at the PO depot to collect today as I had a ticket through the door when I got in.
Will let you know what they are like.

Rich

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:02 pm »
The package was the chairs  :thumbsup:
I saw these on the bay last week but it wouldn't let me send a payment as it said the seller had no way payment could reach them.
When looking again after work early Friday morning I could pay so ordered 2 of them.
To be honest looking at them I can't see a difference, Dawn has used a Helinox a couple of times and says these are no different to sit in.
It will be good to see them alongside each other to see what (if any) difference there is.

They are definitely worth £25 though  :thumbsup:

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »
The package was the chairs  :thumbsup:
I saw these on the bay last week but it wouldn't let me send a payment as it said the seller had no way payment could reach them.
When looking again after work early Friday morning I could pay so ordered 2 of them.
To be honest looking at them I can't see a difference, Dawn has used a Helinox a couple of times and says these are no different to sit in.
It will be good to see them alongside each other to see what (if any) difference there is.

They are definitely worth £25 though  :thumbsup:
We need pictures!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 10:09:56 pm »
We need pictures!

Bag size

Frame

Front height

Back height

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
That looks remarkably like my Helinox...

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »
Got one on friday......seems to be good product so ordered a second one.

The price has gone up to £ 27..........

dave
We're supposed to be feeding them not fatting them........quote from chef on LEL