Author Topic: DOTD  (Read 114443 times)

fd3

Re: DOTD
« Reply #900 on: February 05, 2020, 11:29:12 pm »
I think it was pretty clear from his saying
'watch where I'm going.'
Sarcasm is a bit harder to purvey via this medium.
[/I could be wrong]

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #901 on: February 06, 2020, 06:46:58 am »
As I was heading out of our village yesterday to pick my daughter up, a white van pulled into the layby in front of me. So far so good. He then decided to reverse into an entrance off the layby, swinging the front of his lwb van out into the road as he did, just as I was approaching.

My approach to this would be to look n my mirror and see if there was anything behind me before reversing so I don't force other people to stop or swerve. Apparently from the tirade of abuse, as soon as I saw the reversing lights go on, I should have given him sole occupancy of the road.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #902 on: February 06, 2020, 11:15:20 am »
I think it was pretty clear from his saying
'watch where I'm going.'
Sarcasm is a bit harder to purvey via this medium.

Ah, I thought my explanation was sub-par, it's a fiddlesome junction to describe if you don't know it.

I'm used to lycrablokes getting THE RAGE if I overtake them on a Brompton*, but he wasn't a lycrabloke and didn't have the speed, but he seemed intent on getting ahead. I presume if I'd not slowed down (thus risking intimacy with Addison Lee's finest) he'd have been going with me down Southwark Road.

*there's only one thing worse for them, and that's being overtaken by a girl on a Brompton**.

**for some reason, this appears to be London's smallest cycling demographic. I rarely ever seem to see women on Brommies.
!nataS pihsroW

Tim Hall

• I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes
« Reply #903 on: February 09, 2020, 01:07:00 pm »
Yesterday evening, as I was cycling to the station, a BSO propelled by a young woman emerged from a junction. She had small blinky lights front and rear. The one at the front was red, the one at the back was white.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #904 on: February 09, 2020, 02:52:49 pm »
Yesterday evening, as I was cycling to the station, a BSO propelled by a young woman emerged from a junction. She had small blinky lights front and rear. The one at the front was red, the one at the back was white.
This seems go in fashionable phases hereabouts. Maybe ridden by Darwin fans.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #905 on: February 09, 2020, 02:53:23 pm »
Possibly anticipating a really strong headwind?  ;D
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Tim Hall

• I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes
« Reply #906 on: February 09, 2020, 03:36:28 pm »
Mind you, I realised when I got back from That London that I could also be DOTD. I'd locked my bike on the upper deck of the pull-out bike rack. When my rail replacement bus pulled in to the station on my return journey, I peered out of the window.  What was that half blocking the pavement?  Why it was my bike, on the upper deck of the pull out bike rack, except it was in its pulled out unstosed position. Replaying my actions from earlier in the evening  I failed to do the stowing bit once I'd locked it to the rack.

No bikes were harmed.

There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #907 on: February 14, 2020, 03:38:22 pm »
The pavement hopping numpty with no lights with hood up in the dark. Nothing unusual about that but then had to take to road as pavement was full so just cycled towards oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road. Thankfully the car turning into the junction he was about to cross saw them despite the fact you wouldn't be expecting someone cycling across it on the wrong side of the road. Everyone had to brake which gave me time to get my window down to bellow get some lights. They didn't even look round

fuzzy (retd.) AAGE

• SWMBO's Toy Boy.
  • Apprentice Leathery Old Git
    • The Secret Cyclist blog
« Reply #908 on: February 14, 2020, 10:32:22 pm »
Had their headphones turned up loud enough to enclose them in their little bubble?
Quote from: tatanab
The mark of a true cyclist - prepared to try anything on offer

If it ain't bad for you it ain't worth doing

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #909 on: February 15, 2020, 06:19:27 am »
Two of those when I went for a run last week, both young females, saw me out of the corner of their eye and nearly jumped out of their skin
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #910 on: February 18, 2020, 08:47:54 pm »
If suspect so fuzzy. I have a voice akin to a fog horn when I let it rip so either they had ear plugs or just thought they better keep going as some one in a van is bellowing at me

« Reply #911 on: March 29, 2020, 01:12:31 pm »
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams