Author Topic: Viking Exhibition - British Museum  (Read 1034 times)

Viking Exhibition - British Museum
« on: 17 March, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »
the-vikings-life-and-legend

A nice write up on the new Vikings exhibition at the British Museum.    My employers have arranged free tickets for staff, and as I'll be in That London over Easter I'll be popping in for a view.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Re: Viking Exhibition - British Museum
« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2014, 06:47:33 pm »
andrewc - thanks for the reference. Love the 'How the Light Gets In' website, I'll be spending a lot of time going through this. Looking forward to go to the Everyman when I'm back in Liverpool.

Make sure you book tickets for the Viking exhibition well in advance - couldn't get tickets for when I am next in London.

« Reply #2 on: 18 March, 2014, 09:18:06 pm »
I'm in the Everyman now, it's the interval of Twelfth Night!  Very good so far.
(Less keen on the new bistro)

Jakob

« Reply #3 on: 18 March, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »
On a somewhat similar note, History Channels "Vikings" series is well worth watching:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_%28TV_series%29

Very well researched, although with a fair amount of creative license as well.

« Reply #4 on: 19 March, 2014, 12:02:41 am »
andrewc - thanks for the reference. Love the 'How the Light Gets In' website, I'll be spending a lot of time going through this. Looking forward to go to the Everyman when I'm back in Liverpool.

Make sure you book tickets for the Viking exhibition well in advance - couldn't get tickets for when I am next in London.

I've already got a ticket booked to pick up when I'm down there.

"How The Light Gets In" is excellent ,  I don't know the guy who writes it, but I've been to so many of the same events I'd probably recognise him. We have a lot of similar tastes but he writes things up far better than I could.

« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2014, 01:19:18 pm »
Well that was an interesting 2 hours. Nicely laid out, though it's a bit dark in places. Very busy though, luckily I'm tall enough to lean over enthusiastic smalls so I can get a closer view of the exhibits.