Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 194618 times)

Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #2950 on: October 10, 2019, 07:16:13 pm »
Thanks chrisbainbridge and barakta I will show the doctors this post and see what happens. You never know I may end up bionic and go faster in ever dicreasing circles  ;D.
Get well soon Kim.
the slower you go the more you see

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2951 on: October 10, 2019, 09:01:14 pm »
*giggles*

Be clear what's important to you. My lot seemed to want to know if I cared more about pain or range of movement - I of course want less pain and current range of movement which may not be possible but to me it's not either/or... If pain is a big nono then that is your thing you should stress.

Pedaldog

• M' back!
  • Head Banger.
« Reply #2952 on: October 11, 2019, 03:08:17 pm »
Wunnerfull!
Wednesday afternoon first ride on a New Bike. Coming back home I had a freaky door unlocking accident and Borked my right knee. Now I’m in hospital waiting for x-rays.
Bike’s okay though.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2953 on: October 11, 2019, 04:07:54 pm »
Oh dear!

Hope knee hets fixed soon!

Pedaldog

• M' back!
  • Head Banger.
« Reply #2954 on: October 11, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »
Examination and X-rays done. Orthopaedics will be checking the "Something not quite right" on said X-rays.
In the meantime, rest and gentle exercise, non load bearing and No Cycling!
Bah!

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #2955 on: October 14, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
Vauxhall Combo vans (2010 Vintage).  Way too low down to the ground, and a nightmare to get in and out of.  So I'm now all sore on the abdomen :-(

Hopefully I'll get my Peugeot Expert (2015 vintage) back at work tomorrow!  :thumbsup:

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #2956 on: October 18, 2019, 01:22:26 pm »
To regularize my wayward tripes, my GP has visited upon me a drink that has the taste, smell & texture of lemon-flavoured fish glue. "And prithee, dottore mio, will I then be able to do 150k rides without having to dive through a hole in the hedge?"  "Probably not." Gee thanks, doc.

Oh well, it's raining anyway.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #2957 on: October 18, 2019, 07:58:16 pm »
Taking painkillers because of painful tooth and the dentist can't see me till Monday  :'(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2958 on: October 18, 2019, 08:02:33 pm »
OUCHY!
Get thee to A&E or some sort of emergency dentist if you get a fever or a swollen face.
GWS!

« Reply #2959 on: October 19, 2019, 07:27:59 am »
Will do, I want to get it sorted ASAP  :)

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #2960 on: October 19, 2019, 10:01:32 am »
Shit way to spend a weekend.  Hope someone can help.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #2961 on: October 21, 2019, 01:48:02 pm »
My body hates me, and is getting its revenge for yesterday's lung abuse through the medium of dizziness and lung grot, as well as the traditional tiredness and post-race 'aches and pains'[1].

[1] Read in an Norn Iron accent, it was a common complaint of my grandmother.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #2962 on: October 21, 2019, 07:30:10 pm »
Feel better soon Kim  :)
I have had the patnful tooth pulled out this morning and and now I am co codimol as the area is very sore now  ::-) :'(

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2963 on: October 21, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »
out for a walk this evening, wearing trainers for comfort.  Broke into a "lampost" jog on three occaisions, with less discomfort from the ankle on each go.

I'll go easy on it this week and next I think, but I can see short runs of a mile or so being feasible during my upcoming Brisbane trip the week after.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2964 on: October 21, 2019, 07:55:27 pm »
Brisbane has a small but enthusiastic audax scene, including recumbent and Moulton riders. You may be able to borrow a bike during your time there, if you wish.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2965 on: October 21, 2019, 09:16:24 pm »
Probably wont have time, I arrive Sunday morning, depart the following Saturday with two days in the middle up at Gladstone LNG
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2966 on: October 21, 2019, 09:32:55 pm »
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #2967 on: October 21, 2019, 10:41:30 pm »
Feel better soon Kim  :)

Lungs seem to be operating normally again, after 24 hours without further exposure to cigarette smoke.

And I got an apologetic response from Co-Wheels, who are going to give the car a thorough decontamination (and presumably the offending user a thorough bollocking).

I have had the patnful tooth pulled out this morning and and now I am co codimol as the area is very sore now  ::-) :'(

Better out than in, I suppose.  At least it's not going to get any worse.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #2968 on: October 22, 2019, 12:59:51 pm »
My body hates me, and is getting its revenge for yesterday's lung abuse through the medium of dizziness and lung grot, as well as the traditional tiredness and post-race 'aches and pains'[1].

[1] Read in an Norn Iron accent, it was a common complaint of my grandmother.

Hope you feel better.

Started a new medicine to reduce my bg levels and just tested at waking and it is 8.1 mmol so dropping from 12 3 days ago.

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #2969 on: October 23, 2019, 11:49:06 am »
Dentistry  :sick:
The temporary crown that was hurting-a-lot was taken off last Thursday*, and the dentist decided that there wasn't enough tooth to attempt a root canal thing.
So rather than put the permanent crown we agreed on a 'surgical extraction' - which by the feel of things was a cross between fracking my gum & heavy duty carpentry.
Which led to a spectacularly horrid infection - I don't think I've felt so ill & incapable in a very long time. Even Mrs M has been sympathetic. I decided it was an infection on Sunday*, and started myself on Amoxicillin (don't ask  :hand: ). The dentist confirmed my diagnosis and treatment plan on Monday*.
My cocktail of painkillers seems to be holding things at bay - except for the regular 5am wake-up call when my face decides to complain violently. (I even tried Tramadol last night which didn't help with the pain, but I didn't care as much).
This morning's swill with salty water dislodged something disgusting smelling - and I think I might be feeling a little bit more perky.
Keep taking the tablets.
(*I'm losing track of days & times. What century is this? Have they cancelled Brexit yet?)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2970 on: October 23, 2019, 11:57:23 am »
Just listening to the podcast of Inside Health from the BBC from 2 October and it seems our very own Chris Bainbridge is on it!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2971 on: October 24, 2019, 09:08:16 am »
3rd day of lurgy here. Tuesday was a bit run down, yesterday was no voice and mostly dozing. Today it’s enough snot to make my head hurt. :(

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2972 on: October 24, 2019, 02:45:20 pm »
Weird twinging pain in my index and middle fingers when I curl them inwards as if to grip, started last night, not gone away. Typing isn't very pleasant, but I don't have an alternative (speech recognition software b0rks my deaf speech). 4 reports to write this week.

« Reply #2973 on: October 24, 2019, 06:45:38 pm »
Get well soon barakta
I have been suffering from excessive stomach acid for nearly a year now and it has been slowly getting worse. I have a appointment for a camera stomach exam on the 12nov. Which I am quite worried about. I am taking 2 omeprazole day and I am still getting acid  :'(.
Life is getting depressing  :'(

« Reply #2974 on: October 24, 2019, 07:46:57 pm »
Cycleman, as a long time lurker I'm breaking cover to try and put your mind at rest regarding your endoscopy. I had one on Monday and I was scared silly for days beforehand. The gag reflex is strong in this one you see.
I grant you this was in Denmark, but I can't imagine the procedure is any different in the UK. I made the nurse aware I was nervous, I might have overegged it a bit, but I really was.
I had a spray at the back of the throat and then I was given an injection and knew absolutely nothing about the whole procedure from then until I was wheeled off to a recovery area and fed a drink and a sandwich.
So don't worry, you'll have a slight sore throat for a day or so though, though no worse than when you have a cold.