Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 51125 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2019, 03:51:15 pm »
F5.  No progress.  Time to raise this with the sender, since they appear not to let the recipient have the temerity to complain.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2019, 06:46:06 pm »
Time to practice escalatio and deploy TEH BEAR and/or the Frying Pan of SPANG as well, I'd have thought. This is manifestly taking the mock...
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2019, 08:03:02 pm »
Anyone else in the habit of adding hazardous items to orders so they automagically get upgraded to a decent courier?  A spare flux pen is bound to come in useful...

In what may or may not be karma, everything that *wasn't* hazmat (and some unobtanium resistors that are on back-order) turned up by the generally competent UPS in less than 24 hours.

I've also been sent a tube of low bandwidth op-amps that don't appear to be a random substitution[1] for anything I actually ordered.  I'm going to chalk that up as a marginal gain.

[1] Farnell don't sell bread or cephalopods, but I've had power regulators turn into draught excluder foam, which is almost as good.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #453 on: December 14, 2019, 01:26:43 pm »
Time to practice escalatio and deploy TEH BEAR and/or the Frying Pan of SPANG as well, I'd have thought. This is manifestly taking the mock...

An e-mail will be winging its way to the lovely girls and boys at Rockosmos shortly.  Not that I expect any action until Monday as they are The Music Biz and will therefore be Insensible due to Unmentionable Debauchery and Moral Turpitude all weekend.

« Reply #454 on: December 14, 2019, 01:37:31 pm »
I initially misread Rockosmos as Roscosmos - which would have put a totally different spin on your parcel being "in the Hermes system".

As in, "it's en-route to Mercury". :demon:
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2019, 02:24:58 pm »
I got an almost immediate reply from Senior Management at Rockosmos saying "give it until Wednesday and give me another shout then if there's no further progress" and who am I to argue with the band's main singer/songwriter/guitarist/producer/photographer/record company exec/propagandist Sel Balamir?  Even if he's spending Saturday afternoons answering e-mails instead of snorting triple-sod and cavorting with women of Doubtful Virtue.

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2019, 02:25:39 pm »
E-mailed Mr Balamir again on Wednesday, got a reply yesterday to the effect that he will get them to open an investigation.  Now they'll find it, try to deliver it when I'm away over Xmo/New Tear and then lose it again.  Or claim I signed for it by remote control from a hundred miles away.  Or...

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2019, 10:12:45 am »
They all seem to be doing the thing where they follow the instructions to go around the back of the porch. Except instead of leaving the parcels there, they collect the parcel box, bring it around the front and then use it as a hat for the parcels left on the front step.

Fortunately, nefarious parcel surfers can't really see them from the bottom of the drive.
!nataS pihsroW

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #459 on: January 05, 2020, 06:09:38 pm »
I haz a Shiny!!1!

Octopus by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

Mr Hermes left his "sorry I missed you" card wedged into the void 'twixt inner and outer flaps of Ye Letterbocks and only the delivery of another piece of mail dislodged it enough to render it visible.  His undated "sorry I missed you" card.  My Shiny has been retrieved from the safekeeping of Nice Man at the Offie, who claims he's had it for "a couple of weeks" >:(

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2020, 08:08:57 pm »
Home delivery, it’s the future. The High Street is ded.

We know this because we are told this.
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:14 am »
Why does ParcelFarce have to ring me (automated) at 10pm to tell me there will be a delivery tomorrow?  Most days I'd have been in bed by then.

The retailer has already sent me the tracking details so PF weren't telling me anything I didn't already know....

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2020, 12:43:56 pm »
Had a delivery to the recycling bin yesterday.  Yes, it was bin day.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #463 on: January 20, 2020, 11:38:04 am »
Mr fimm's sister, who lives in continental Europe, sent him a parcel containing a Christmas and a Birthday present. The parcel did not arrive. We waited a bit, and it still did not arrive. So we waited some more. Mr fimm tried to chase it up from this end, but as we had no "tried to deliver" card there wasn't much they could do. We finally got his sister to pull her finger out and inquire at the post office at her end. They gave her a list of what happened to the parcel that ended "delivered to cupboard".
Cupboard?
We live in a tenement flat. On the ground floor there's a cupboard with cleaning stuff in it. Mr fimm went to look and, lo and behold, his parcel, tucked away in a mop bucket. At least he got it before his birthday!

OK, we are on the top floor, but every other delivery person seems able to come up and put a card through the door and either leave the parcel at the door or (more usually) with a neighbour. If there was a card for this parcel, we (clearly) never saw it...

« Reply #464 on: January 28, 2020, 08:22:29 pm »
I ordered a new fenix torch and remote switch on 19/1/2020.  I got a despatch notification on 20/1/2020.

I still do not have my torch.

The parcel was delivered to a house on my street many houses away.  No note was left.  So I contacted the company who said the driver had delivered it to a house as they had the photograph. 
That is not my house, I said.
But I can go and collect it.  I could not go to collect it for 24 hours but  quite excitedly i went round to pick up my parcel.

"Oh", they said, "the driver came and collected it yesterday"

He still did not deliver it even though he now knew exactly where my house was using house name, post code, google maps (perhaps I should have used W3W).

I contacted the retailer again.  I explained the situation and they contacted the courier who said we will deliver it tomorrow.

I come home tonight and there are some boxes delivered by the same courier firm so they know where we live.  But where is my torch.  I ask my wife if there were any parcels for me.  Just the ones left by the back door.  My torch is not there.

This is now 9 days for this torch to travel about 40 miles. 

You could not make it up.