Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 67530 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1075 on: November 14, 2018, 03:18:16 pm »
David reports a few traces of a dead mangled pigeon on the lawn.
We know not if the culprit(s) were cat or fox but cats have not been very hungry today.
HA8 has some BIG pigeons.

Big Tom decided our bag of paper for recycling would make a good bed last night.

« Reply #1076 on: November 14, 2018, 03:39:02 pm »
Probably dreaming of killing something! This morning the kitchen yielded a very pleased-for-herself cat, and two dead mice.  And my wife found a shrew on the lawn. We've been averaging 5 mice a week for the last month.  That's about 2 years worth for the last one.  Not looking forward to the spring....
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #1077 on: December 07, 2018, 10:07:00 am »
And last night around 21:45 she managed to find a Goldfich to kill. God knows where that was roosting, although we do have a large number frequent the bird feeder (albeit normally in daylight) which is around 6m from her catflap. Oh, and there was a(nother) (dead) shrew in the kitchen this morning
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #1078 on: December 07, 2018, 10:46:21 am »
Finally!!!!

Pearl the semi stray queen (totally white) who had some kittens 10 weeks ago today has finally brought them around for us to see and of course, feed!

There are three of them: A totally black one, a mixed black and white one and a pure white one..... yes, we have a new "BMW"  ;D

They are very nervous but ate two pouches of food between them while hiding in the bushes in our front garden. One of them: "W" did try the summer house but found "Lord Rayner" a very old stray tom asleep in there so moved on quickly.

Quite pleased that they seemed to be fit and healthy. Question is...do we want three more cats (we have already agreed to take on Pearl)? Well.......  ;D

« Reply #1079 on: December 07, 2018, 04:40:48 pm »
Skulking about. She's in the bad books as after a nice walk for an hour with her friend the cocker spaniel all off lead with loads of running and playing she found a manky old rabbit in the field opposite our house and refused to come back for 3/4 of an hour. Not sure how I can fix this, her recall is pretty good except when she gets a rabbit, everything I read says you need to offer a higher value treat but there is nothing higher value to her than a good smelly old rabbit.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1080 on: December 07, 2018, 06:15:49 pm »
Chewing on an antler.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #1081 on: Today at 06:44:01 pm »
Bad Cat is making a Sonos speaker beep by touching the top with her nose. Well, she was until I got fed up of the beeping and shooed her off.

In other good news, she has learned how to use the cat tree we bought to get access to the top of the wardrobe without having to climb the insides. She can now clamber up and open the doors from the top and step in. She can also clamber down without quite the same thump as a five-kilo bag of spuds being dropped from the ceiling.

In other bad news, she tried this the other day to find her inner sanctum already occupied by LMC. Which meant fifteen minutes of them trying to batter the crap out of each other. By the end they were so knackered they were just lying there and punching each other in the heads.

Oh well, they're about to get 10 days in the same cattery run...
!nataS pihsroW