Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 83957 times)

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1300 on: July 12, 2019, 11:38:47 am »
Noodle went for her last visit to the vets yesterday morning. The vets were very good. S'funny, but having been given the initial anaesthetic to make her drowsy, she was still licking her paw and fell asleep with her tongue sticking out, before the horrible other drug was administered. All over very quickly mercifully, and thank you all for your responses.

She's now resting alongside her sister in the garden. They hated each other's guts when both alive.

I will hoiyk out a pic of her sometime, when I have the time – in her glory days.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #1301 on: July 14, 2019, 08:58:24 am »
Sorry to here that Riggers. The loss of a family member who has been with you so long is hard to take, although it is true that over time it does get easier.

Onto our worry..... Quenton is missing.

"His Tallship" is an intact tom who seemed to move in a couple of months ago. Known for his very quietness: he won't say boo to a kitten let alone to a fully grown queen, Quenton simply sleeps in the spare bedroom and hoovers up any food going. Blimey, the boy can eat.  We call him "His Tallship" as he is very tall: much taller than the average tom. He also has a way of walking with his head, back and tail all in a line so he looks about 4 foot long.

Anyway, we last saw him on Friday afternoon. We had been discussing when it was that he became our cat, a step which requires the removal of male bits: we don't allow intact males in the house.... I sleep in the shed most nights.... and decided that if he still spent 24 hours a day with us by Christmas, we would do the deed then.

Strangely we have not seen him since....we do wonder whether he was listening  ;D. More likely, he did have a bit of a fight with one of our other visiting toms so may be staying away from the place until he feels safe again.

EDIT. Scrap all that. He's back and eating everything he can find! He must had had a night out of the tiles and has come back for a nosh-up and a sleep.
Cats to the left of me, cats to the right of me, cats sitting on my keyboard making far more sense than I do.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #1302 on: Yesterday at 07:24:22 pm »
Idly glancing over my coffee cup this morning I belatedly noticed a splodge of dried vomit malingering at the back of my desk. A nice admix of cat food and fur. Further investigation found more on the cupboards next to my desk, all the way up the penthouse feline accommodations on top of the wardrobe. Let that not be the end of for vomicalapyse, oh no, because she'd also managed to get it down the back of the wardrobe.

By the quantity and fur content (©CSI Feline Crime Detection) it's (of course) Bad Cat.

A quick summarily trial sentenced her to one-week detention with no possibility of parole in Kitty Supermax (with her cell mate, LMC) while we swan off to New York to drink beer. She'll probably have no fur left when we get back.
!nataS pihsroW

« Reply #1303 on: Today at 10:35:16 am »
Tilly is very happy as Piggy has been reincarnated. Piggy was a soft pig toy with a squeaker that she had from being a pup. She's four now and a couple of months ago piggy finally had been washed umpteen times, had no legs left even after they had been reattached several times and the head was coming apart and that was the end of her favourite toy. On Sunday we were in a garden centre that had dog toys and lo and behold hung on a peg was Piggy ! Tilly sat down in from of the display and just stared at Piggy. Needless to say Piggy mark 2 came home with us.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

sam

« Reply #1304 on: Today at 12:47:24 pm »
By the quantity and fur content (©CSI Feline Crime Detection) it's (of course) Bad Cat.

“Ian, welcome to the city that never sleeps. We understand you’re a man who knows something about cats. Bad cats. We’ve got a case which has us all stumped. Eliot will give you the file. If you help us solve this, the next round’s on us.”