Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 88782 times)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
20:15 - 20:45 in the garden tending bonfire. Going like a train (tinder dry content), flames rising near true vertical due to near total absence of wind.
21:15 - Step out of shower to the sound of howling gale rattling the slates on the roof.

Where did that come from?
2020 targets: None
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Yay, rain is forecast for tomorrow and the day after!

I don't think it's rained here (London) in the last 5 weeks. It rained on the day before my last day at work before the shutdown, and I don't need constant sunshine now  because I'm not cycling.

I only cycle for transport.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Because reasons I've ended up going to Mr Sainsbury's House Of Toothy Comestibles on Thursdays for the last few weeks.  This is Un-Natural — I usually go on a Tuesday — and so I have contrived matters so as to run out of nommables in such a way that the Natural Order of Things might be restored.  Hopefully the damp will reduce queueueueueing time :-\

Edit: Yes.  Yes, it did.  Queueueueue only as long as half the front of the building instead of zigzagging nine or a dozen times across the foopball pitch sized bit of the car park round the side.  No semi-skilled milk or channa masala though.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
The proper April showers have just managed to squeeze themselves into April.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
Yeah. They're getting a bit of practice in for when we can go cycling again after 11th May.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
(Sings)

Hal-an-tow!
And jolly rumble-o!
We was up1
Long before the day-o!
To welcome in the summer!
To welcome in the May-o!
For summer is a-coming in
And winter's gone away-o!

(Huddles under blanket, whimpering piteously)

It's bloody freezing in here :'(

1: lie
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

1) The heating came on this morning, for the first time in while.

2) The weather forecast on the BBC text service for the south and south-west contained traces of LIE - it is now absolutely chucking it down. I am contemplating deferring my scheduled bike ride until tomorrow...
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
One of the dogs got as far as the top doorstep just now then lay down and watched as t'other dog & I ventured out into the misery.  Even the workshop, which has been pleasantly warm the last couple of weeks, was cold & miserable.

Bloody Garmin just sent me a happy email encouraging me to get out into wunnerful SPRINGTIME, natch after disgorging a bellyful of cash for one of their misguidance gadgets. Bah humbug.

You should have seen the hail storm I had here at about 11:30, it set of the neighbours car alarm.

Edit to add:

And now a second has just blown through.

I did a ride this morning on the basis of the good forecast and was rained and hailed on for my efforts  ::-)
the slower you go the more you see

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Much 'chimes of freedom, flashing' in the Teifi Valley atm.
Which I'm enjoying greatly, particularly as is quite rare here.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
20°C colder than this time yesterday, and bloody wet with it.  This bloody government can't do anything right.