Author Topic: You know you're middle aged when  (Read 87735 times)

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
Re: You know you're middle aged when
« Reply #1125 on: January 07, 2020, 02:53:30 pm »
When you forget the first 3 of the 6 digit passcode you have been using for years, and years, to access your online banking.  Might be due to this new fangled fingerprint touch validation tech, don't log in the old school way that much any more.

The number came back... for now...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1126 on: January 07, 2020, 03:05:32 pm »
having been off for three weeks, I struggled to remember the PIN to my company credit card when refuelling the hire car this lunchtime
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #1127 on: January 07, 2020, 05:35:43 pm »
you know that you are middle-aged when in a few days 'the age of a baby Yoda, I am'

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #1128 on: January 08, 2020, 10:33:22 am »
When you forget the first 3 of the 6 digit passcode you have been using for years, and years, to access your online banking.  Might be due to this new fangled fingerprint touch validation tech, don't log in the old school way that much any more.

The number came back... for now...

When you forget the cunning mnemonic you invented to remind you of your PIN but do remember the PIN itself.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #1129 on: January 18, 2020, 01:45:41 pm »
When something as trivial as a cold knocks you onto your arse for nearly 2 weeks.  I had to get something from town yesterday. Just walking a couple of miles had me soaked in sweat.  I’ve got to go again today, so have just had a shower, that tired me sufficiently that I felt like a rest  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #1130 on: Yesterday at 06:05:28 pm »
That's probably the flu though, not a cold. I'm still zonked over a week later (and a tiresome hypersensitive throat) and mostly doing stuff takes a lot more effort than it should. I forced myself to do sixty lengths in the pool earlier and I could have taken a nice long nap in the changing room afterwards. Must be sleeping about 9-10 hours a night too, and peculiar dreams that I mostly don't remember because I never remember my dreams but I was very concerned yesterday about the two dead bodies in our living room and the need to do something about them. This worry lasted till half-way through my shower when it occurred to me that there weren't any dead bodies in my living room.
!nataS pihsroW

« Reply #1131 on: Yesterday at 06:40:59 pm »
 ???  I had a flu jab late last year.  Temperature has been mostly OK, no aching, just fatigue, lassitude & coughing up sufficient grot to have a special glass to spit it out into,  that only seems to be mornings though.  Appetite is mostly OK.     I'm going to have to venture out to the Co-op again,  I've run out of whisky  :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #1132 on: Yesterday at 06:57:19 pm »
Flu jabs are strain-specific, they make an educated guess as to the ones in play during the season, the vaccination isn't a guarantee (and sometimes you'll still get it, but the symptoms will be lessened).

That said, there are lots of viruses and the majority aren't necessarily easily classifiable.
!nataS pihsroW