Author Topic: DeWalt Safety Glasses - Used as cycling glasses  (Read 1064 times)

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
DeWalt Safety Glasses - Used as cycling glasses
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:22:41 am »
My old cycling glasses - Oakleys - were lovely, but the lenses are now shot to pieces, which makes riding at night very hard very hard work.

I remembered that a couple of people OTP have mentioned using safety glasses as cheap cycling glasses, so I headed off to Amazon.

DeWalt Clear

DeWalt Smoked

I'm very impressed, especially with the lenses. The glasses are 'forget you're wearing them' light and their promise of distortion free lenses is indeed fulfilled. They fit snugly, but there is enough airflow that they don't fog up when you're on the move. Good eye coverage and the edges of the lenses seem to be outside of my vision enough that I don't notice it.

Wind reduction is good enough that I don't tear up, and my eyes water very easily in the wind.

Water seems to run off them relatively well in the rain.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
Re: DeWalt Safety Glasses - Used as cycling glasses
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:56:04 am »
I've been using Makita safety glasses, very good too and they seem to fit rather well.

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita-p-66341-safety-glasses-spectacle-p25620

windy

• Sitting on a bog in the North Atlantic
    • My Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:31:34 am »
I've used Wickes safety glasses about £6 for 2 pairs - 1 clear/1 smoked.

I've also got some Bolle safety glasses with a bifocal lens so I can see route sheets/maps/gps without having to reach for reading glasses

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:57:50 am »
Also various safety glasses offer a non-prescription bifocal option.  I was quite happy for a while with some Zyxel safety glasses on Ebay, let me read the Garmin OK at reasonable cost.

Only downside was that the temples may not be straight, i.e. they clip over the back of the ear.  Makes them trickier to get on and off when wearing a helmet, but still OK really.