Author Topic: Spa Cycles Nidd saddle (4,000 miles on)  (Read 10439 times)

Re: Spa Cycles Nidd saddle (4,000 miles on)
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 10:28:48 am »
That's a shame, I bought a honey B17 about the same time as you Christophe and am loving it. There's a few slight discernible creases in it now after around 400km (only used for commuting so far) and none of the discolouration yours seems to have suffered. We are going on a weekend camping tour this weekend so will see how it holds up after 6 hours in the saddle.

I've just put a B17S on Mrs Trekkers new touring bike so I'm hoping that's not a Monday or Friday saddle.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 10:41:50 am »
Most of the Brooks durability variation relates to a different curing process and slaughtering cows much younger than Brooks of old. I suspect that the orientation of cutting out the saddle blanks isn't as 'inefficient' as previously with saddle life being accordingly reduced.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 04:38:01 pm »
Spa Nidd failure. Cycling home the other night and the metalwork which is riveted inside the saddle nose and holds the tensioner bolt has actually snapped. Saddle therefore rendered useless. I think I've had this one about 2 1/2 years and is the least worn of the three I have. It's the dark brown model which felt much stiffer than the others I have and has never.really broken in. The only cause of failure I can think of is due to heavy saddle bag usage. Haven't spoken to Spa yet but had a quick look on their website last night and the Nidd is out of stock!

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 11:41:08 pm »
My Nidd Ti is only about 2-3mm from the same failure. Hopefully I can fit a replacement metal piece and rivets.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...