Author Topic: Velo Shutt  (Read 1884 times)

bhoot

• Mrs RRtY
Velo Shutt
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:48:05 pm »
Anyone managed to contact them recently? I ordered a jersey and a couple of other items in February but nothing arrived. No reply to my e-mail enquiry, so I tried ringing - three times I got through to an answering service who could not help and tried to connect me to the right office with no success, took my details and said they would call me back. I'm still waiting.
Are they still trading? I suspect the phone was answered by an answering service, not anyone from the company.

Re: Velo Shutt
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »

Shutt Velo Rapide

4 March at 13:08 ยท

Dear all - If you have effected by a dip in service recently we apologise.

As some of you might now Pete was rushed to hospital in Mid December. He is seriously ill and as a result we have lost half our office staff.

We are hopeful that Pete will return but we are looking for a replacement in the meantime.

Please bear with us during this tough time.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

bhoot

• Mrs RRtY
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:13:28 pm »
Thanks for posting that - I did wonder about something like that, having seen some comments last year.

I don't know where you got the information from - it's a shame really that they haven't empowered their answering service to convey a similar message as it would be better to know this than to speculate. Given it's a small company I think people would be pretty sympathetic, at least for a while.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 10:04:45 am »
Got it off Facebook - and the page hasn't been updated since.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:12:05 pm »
Tried to buy jacket and neck warmer off their site and paid by paypal. No confirmation,  answerphone only, no response to emails. Nice people at paypal have got me my money back. However, I fear they are no more (but should take their site down if not trading).
Old fat and slow

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 11:26:45 am »
Website now disappeared, so looks like they've gone, one way or another, at least in their current incarnation.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 02:43:49 pm »
According to thier facebook page the have appointed a new management team and are planning a relaunch in september and I for one wish them all the best luck in the world
  Bob

bhoot

• Mrs RRtY
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:26:26 pm »
Just checked out Facebook and have e-mailed the contact given - I have asked what the position will be for outstanding orders where the customer hasn't yet tried to get a refund from the credit card company. (ie like my order)
Will post back here if I get an answer as I think others may be in the same position.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 12:28:40 pm »
Well the website is back, along with a "contact us" tab, so that's positive.

http://www.shuttvr.com/

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »
Maybe. The site has been back up for over a month and appears to be taking orders, yet the last Facebook entry of 19 June says 'Shutt Velo Rapide Limited has been experiencing operational problems and is not currently trading'.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 07:57:33 am »
Maybe. The site has been back up for over a month and appears to be taking orders, yet the last Facebook entry of 19 June says 'Shutt Velo Rapide Limited has been experiencing operational problems and is not currently trading'.

Well not quite that in it's totality, it does go on to say

"We have a new management team starting mid-July and we plan to re-launch with a new range in September.

If you need to contact Shutt, my e-mail address is justin@shuttvr.com (this mailbox is live already, but I will not be able to respond to any messages until mid-July).

We would like to apologise for any lack of response you may have received over the past six months, please bear with us, we expect that everything will be resolved by September.

Best wishes,

Justin
 Justin@shuttvr.com"

doesn't it.

But no excuse for the total lack of response over the past few months - very very amateur, and I for one don't find that at all endearing.