Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 7379 times)

Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2016, 10:37:34 am »
'Happy holidays from HSBC'. I don't think so.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2016, 10:42:05 am »
'Happy holidays from HSBC'. I don't think so.

Strangely enough, with the bank's genius for imitating spam, that one appears to be genuine.

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
Android tablet being heavily spammed, lots of adverts and random downloads. Disabling the download app stopped the random downloads, putting an add blocker on the wireless connection stopped most of the adds, the only problem is it takes about thirty seconds for the add blocker to kick in after the tablet's booted so a few adds at start up. The cause is a mystery at the moment, I presume I've picked up a nasty from somewhere but I can't find it, when I do find it I'm going to take great pleasure in nuking it.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »
Parking charge relating to 19th Dec which is at least a day my car was used.  The numerous smelling pistakes confirmed the strong suspicion.
2017 targets: not worth worrying about a while yet - just ride.

Polar Bear

• aka Michael
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2016, 03:59:59 pm »
IME HSBC excel in sending spammy texts and emails which are in fact genuine.   Totally unprofessional.
Professional McKenzie Friend and Paralegal.          goodem2@gmail.com     07802 709337.

« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »
I've just had a 'Nigerian' one, in Italian, claiming to be from Canada.  ???
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Fear the BEAR!
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2017, 09:36:33 am »
Good Day,

TENDER NOTICE

Sealed tenders are invited from experienced Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers for plans to build a new R11 billion Vaal River City, Midvaal Johannesburg. Yaetsho Investments and Project will assign the selected professionals after the tender process to deliver a powerful mix of international and local architecture in the Vaal River City development.

Tender documents can be obtained before the closing date from Tender Officer, Yaetsho Investment and Project.

See attached for more details.

Regards,

Yaetsho Investments & Projects

ICBA to check how much 11 billion Rand is in real money but I suspect it's not worth getting out of bed, or opening the attached document, for.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2017, 09:51:24 am »
ICBA to check how much 11 billion Rand is in real money but I suspect it's not worth getting out of bed, or opening the attached document, for.

I'm pretty sure it's what the taxi driver attempted to charge me for the 10 minute ride between Sandton and Parkville in Jo'burg the other month.
space cat likes my blog

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2017, 04:30:59 pm »
I'd get out of bed for it. Several tens of millions of these -

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2017, 06:05:37 pm »
Oh darn, I forgot to renew my Apple account as per the expiry warning SMS received yesterday.

That'll be the Apple account I don't have.
2017 targets: not worth worrying about a while yet - just ride.

« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2017, 10:53:32 am »
An Andrew Baron has just sent an e-mail telling me 2M US Dollars was donated to me and to reply to an e-mail address.

I've done so and sent my bank details so presumably it will be in my bank soon. In the meantime I wonder what bike I'll buy first.....

(click to show/hide)

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2017, 11:02:00 am »
This made me shiver

Hi Dear,

My name is Monique Frisson from France. l am 29 years old. l really need your assistance. My husband dead two years ago and the family members wants to kill me and my children to set on the inheritance he left for us. l am now in a hiding with my kids and the documents of inheritance is with us. please help us to have this fund transferred to your country and we will fly to join you

l will be waiting for your reply.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2017, 06:23:07 pm »
If you're going to send me emails describing people who want to have various physical encounters on Valentine's Day would it not help to make sure they arrive before said festival and not the day after?
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."