Author Topic: Ribble Sportive Racing  (Read 2984 times)

Graeme

• Priest, Preacher and Prophet
  • @FatherHilarious
    • BalancingOnTwoWheels
Ribble Sportive Racing
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:08:29 pm »
I've written up a review of the Ribble Sportive Racing based on my experience.

I really like this bike so far: it has been a project to build my own version of an uncompromising audax bike, based on my own audax experience (a couple of years) and on my own preferences... it is basically a very personal set of choices. However, the basic frame and forks, and the Ribble Bike Builder were where I started and after three rides; 160km around the lanes, 400km DIY audax and a 100km summertime one-day tour of the rivers Tyne and Wear - I think I have an idea of whether it is going to meet my needs... and the answer is - wooo yay! Totally.

Also I noticed that one of the lighting cable ties has given me the perfect name for the bike, the Ribble "Sort've Racing", after all Audax isn't racing... really... not really. :)

37. Because travel is the finest educational system of all; and cycling the cheapest, easiest, and most educational means of travel - Kuklos' 39 Articles

Re: Ribble Sportive Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 07:53:48 pm »
That saddle laced Graeme?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Graeme

• @FatherHilarious
    • BalancingOnTwoWheels
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 08:17:27 pm »
Nope. Its a B17 and there is nowhere to lace it up. I've heard of lacing up Brooks, but I'm not sure why its done.
37. Because travel is the finest educational system of all; and cycling the cheapest, easiest, and most educational means of travel - Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
What tyres can you manage? 23mm or 25mm?

Graeme

• @FatherHilarious
    • BalancingOnTwoWheels
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 09:57:38 am »
What tyres can you manage? 23mm or 25mm?

I've got 25mm - they fit fine with the Ultegra brakes and there is enough clearance for the Crud mudguards.