Author Topic: Aldi bike things coming soon  (Read 5911 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Re: Aldi bike things coming soon
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »
popped down there, cash in hand......size 8, size 9, size 10, size .....bugga :'(

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 05:13:25 pm »
I bought the merino base layers tried then on at home..... perfect fit and they feel really nice  ;D, not what I imagined for woolen undies. Got the cheapo front & rear light set. Getting the batteries into the front light and re-assembling was an absolute pain but for £4.50 the pair they will do me, riding in the dark is not on my agenda.
" One Cup Of Tea Is Never Enough But 2 Is One Too Many " - John Shuttleworth

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »
Aldi's marketeers seem to have been working overtime on this one - cycling kit reviews in both the Daily Mail and the Grauniad. That's why they've sold out!

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 05:49:38 pm »
Aldi's marketeers seem to have been working overtime on this one - cycling kit reviews in both the Daily Mail and the Grauniad. That's why they've sold out!

Pants!!!! I thought it was me starting this thread wot caused it. Bang goes any chance of me negotiating any freebies .. Grrrr
" One Cup Of Tea Is Never Enough But 2 Is One Too Many " - John Shuttleworth

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 11:53:03 am »
Thank goodness today is a non-working friday, I got the last edge in the Bracknell store!  :thumbsup:

I also got a back-up be seen light and some long sleeve merino base layers to compliment the short sleeve ones I got a few years back. These should see me through the worst of any winter commutes.

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 12:26:50 pm »
I got the light set for £4.99; haven't looked at the front one yet but the rear is a faux long Cateye one with LazerDeth brightness, for commuting not Audax! Fluoro arm warmers will be making a debut tomorrow

some good £1.99 orange lens glasses too,

not included in this week's sale but they had some shell jackets reduced to £9.99 from a previous week, not in all stores though

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 11:16:05 pm »
I had the basic light set from Aldi and accidentally left the front light in the pocket of my cycling jacket when I put it through the wash. Took it out the washing machine, discovered the light, switched it on and it worked immediately! So I can vouch for the waterproofness ( is that a word?) of them anyway. I'll happily use any of the Aldi stuff except the shorts which I only use for little cycles
Audax Ecosse - always going too far

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 12:30:08 pm »

East Grinstead branch still has shit loads of stuff

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 09:14:51 am »
My sister got the last Edge 500 in her local store for my birthday this coming weekend! Excellent! I have now 3 garmin for 3 different bikes!  ;D

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 05:44:50 pm »
My sister got the last Edge 500 in her local store for my birthday this coming weekend! Excellent! I have now 3 garmin for 3 different bikes!  ;D

I have 3 mounts for 3 different bikes and just the one Garmin - it's much cheaper. :P

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24:14 pm »
Well that wasn't very good was it......

I used the new online ordering service from Aldi on Wednesday to buy a new pair of cycling shoes: I have brought their cycling shoes before and for less than £20, they are good value.

When I ordered the shoes, there were a couple left in stock but I have just received an email cancelling my order. The  amount I spent has been refunded to me.

Okay, its good to have the money back promptly but to accept an order and then not being able to fulfil it is poor work. Perhaps its as the service is new but I won't be using the online service again in the short term until the service has time to bed in.

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 01:33:55 pm »
Has anyone tried the uber mountainbike light set with the four xrg cree's for £40? I know you can get similar for less on dx.com but these have a 3yr warranty

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 04:56:31 pm »
Headsup:  £2.99 Buff clones are in with the motorcycle gear in Aldi.  Sensible designs, including plain BLACK.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 10:34:32 am »
Like all "internet rumours" treat this one with the usual scepticism but someone told me at the weekend that the cycling specials might be back Sunday.

The stuff I bought last year is holding up well, I am especially pleased with the Merino mid-layer, so will be back for more of the same if available. The COB LED lights (moon style) I used all winter for commuting and despite not being "Aldi cheap" are a real bargain for what you get in my view.