Author Topic: Swrve merino zip sweater (& cycling cap)  (Read 734 times)

Swrve merino zip sweater (& cycling cap)
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:07:47 pm »
Bought one of these from swrve.co.uk, and liked it so much I've bought another one as a present. It helped that it was 50% off on clearance - only XL left I'm afraid.

This is basically a merino track jacket suitable as a mid or outer layerwith a cycling cut - long arms and longer at the back, with two rear pockets. It's got some nice details: a small reflective label at the back (albeit on the wrong side for the UK!), reinforcing tape across the top of the shoulders for courier bag or rucksack use, and a nice two-way YKK zip with a ring pull so it's easy to use with gloves. The fabric is a nice soft medium-weight pure merino; I've not washed it yet but it all feels good quality. The sizing is fairly generous - I'm 6'5" with a 45" chest, and the XL is a good fit - not baggy, but comfy enough that I suspect the L might still fit, especially as the sleeves and back length are generous and the fabric has some stretch.

It's still not exactly cheap, but certainly at the sale price it's exceptionally good VFM. I can see myself living in this until spring.

With a view to the long nights I also got a reflective cycling cap - this is a standard four-panel cap with a scotchlite racing stripe. It's made from a medium-weight cotton twill, so should be reasonably warm, though it remains to be see how it deals with sweat. It's got a fairly heavyweight reinforcing material in the brim, which means you can't flip it easily; I find this slightly annoying, but it does mean it stays put in normal use. The reflectivity is useful enough that I think I may modify my Walz wool cap with a strip of scotchlite in similar fashion - I prefer the three-panel cut and flipoabke brim.

Great service from Chris at swrve.co.uk - I had a problem with my email, and got a near-immediate response when I got in touch to explain.