Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 227813 times)

tedshred

• AKA: Dirk - Let me see those hands
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #4000 on: July 31, 2020, 03:11:38 pm »
"Dunce" in this case probably.

With OD coming along they will be fine.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4001 on: July 31, 2020, 07:40:00 pm »
Yes to Curry :thumbsup:, bring own beer, well ok then, been doing a bit of that recently. Check the high tide mark on the beach at late o'clock and make a decision! What's the current rate of sea level rise, 2mm/year? We may not get another chance!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4002 on: August 03, 2020, 10:01:27 am »
Yes to Curry :thumbsup:, bring own beer, well ok then, been doing a bit of that recently. Check the high tide mark on the beach at late o'clock and make a decision! What's the current rate of sea level rise, 2mm/year? We may not get another chance!

Right then, I will give 'em a ring.   We can have a more detailed planning session on Wednesday evening.  I have already changed Fred's tyres and checked to see how much room my new sleeping bag takes up in a pannier.  Exciting!

« Reply #4003 on: August 04, 2020, 06:07:04 pm »
Talking of beer, The Belgium Brewer are crowdsourcing for funding of their new indoor facilities. The rewards are pretty good if you need to stock up on decent beer ... £200 gets you 96 330ml bottles of their finest.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-belgian-brewer-community-taproom-project?mc_cid=7bb9451cfa&mc_eid=7d66b5d19c

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4004 on: August 04, 2020, 06:08:50 pm »
Talking of beer, The Belgium Brewer are crowdsourcing for funding of their new indoor facilities. The rewards are pretty good if you need to stock up on decent beer ... £200 gets you 96 330ml bottles of their finest.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-belgian-brewer-community-taproom-project?mc_cid=7bb9451cfa&mc_eid=7d66b5d19c

I’d need a special offer on livers before I was brave enough to buy 96 bottles of Belgian beer!

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4005 on: August 05, 2020, 07:17:05 pm »

Right then, I will give 'em a ring.   We can have a more detailed planning session on Wednesday evening.  I have already changed Fred's tyres and checked to see how much room my new sleeping bag takes up in a pannier.  Exciting!

Count me in.  I'll need to have a think about how light or not I plan to travel :)
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #4006 on: August 05, 2020, 09:18:38 pm »
Bricks & Moretaine 200k today.   Some familiar roads but a new stretch South of Bedford was fun.

At the last minute I remembered a colleague lives in Codicote so I texted him from the spokes bike and coffee shed and he was there 10 minutes later.  I wasted an hour in the sun before remembering that I was on a ride.  It didn’t get too hot in the end but I was still a bit dry by the end.   Rehydrating on the sofa - sorry I’m not at the pub.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4007 on: Yesterday at 07:30:46 am »
Bricks & Moretaine 200k today.   Some familiar roads but a new stretch South of Bedford was fun.

At the last minute I remembered a colleague lives in Codicote so I texted him from the spokes bike and coffee shed and he was there 10 minutes later.  I wasted an hour in the sun before remembering that I was on a ride.  It didn’t get too hot in the end but I was still a bit dry by the end.   Rehydrating on the sofa - sorry I’m not at the pub.

I've been meaning to pop into Spokes to check it out. I usually pop into the first shop, the interestingly named S&M Foodstore ... How was Pulloxhill btw? I've not managed all of it yet on fixed, due to the perils of tacking just on the blind summit! I'd like to revisit Bricks & Moretaine at some point for my August 200km.

« Reply #4008 on: Yesterday at 07:38:14 am »

I've been meaning to pop into Spokes to check it out. I usually pop into the first shop, the interestingly named S&M Foodstore ... How was Pulloxhill btw? I've not managed all of it yet on fixed, due to the perils of tacking just on the blind summit! I'd like to revisit Bricks & Moretaine at some point for my August 200km.

Spokes was pretty busy.  Big group of C.C. Ashwell were in.  Not terribly cheap at a fiver for coffee + cake.  The coffee was very good, though.

The hills were fine but I’m currently running gears.  I’ll swap back to fixed for the Winter.

I’ll drop my completed cards through your door a bit later on.  Hoping to do Horses for Courses on Sunday.

« Reply #4009 on: Yesterday at 05:03:43 pm »
This a relatively new perm Tom?

If you can put the details in https://perms-edit.audax.uk/ and email the output I can get it added to the permanents map.

Another perm that passes close by and I wasn’t  aware of.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4010 on: Yesterday at 06:47:34 pm »
Bricks and Moretaine is about a year old, maybe? I've got a bit of admin tonight - last Saturday's perm. valdations mainly, but I'll have a go if time, Phil.

« Reply #4011 on: Yesterday at 06:59:18 pm »
Newer than when we did the initial creation of the perm map. No rush tonight, just do it when you get time and before you forget.

« Reply #4012 on: Yesterday at 07:25:50 pm »
Dropped my cards round today.  I’m planning Horses for Courses on Sunday to take advantage of the forecast North Easterly.  Might need an early start to avoid the heat.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4013 on: Yesterday at 08:26:49 pm »
Newer than when we did the initial creation of the perm map. No rush tonight, just do it when you get time and before you forget.

Ok Phil - having just spent 1.5 hours doing admin for the week's perms, (and not just from the 1st - some are keen!), I feel I need to switch off for a bit now! I think I'll go and water a few pots out the back ... at least it's cooling down now - been out and about doing 8 hours of gardening today.