Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 192764 times)

Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #3725 on: December 02, 2019, 05:13:31 pm »
Calling all ACME gravel riders.

Oh God, is that what you're calling yourselves these days? Next you'll be talking about bike packing micro adventures and fuck knows what other bullshit terms to describe what people having been doing on bicycles since the 19th century...

Pretentious fucks  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

tedshred

• AKA: Dirk - Let me see those hands
« Reply #3726 on: December 02, 2019, 05:20:37 pm »
There is an as ridden version of the Grit in the Oyster in the ACME RWGPS section.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

tedshred

« Reply #3727 on: December 02, 2019, 05:30:56 pm »

Guilty as charged. 

Not joining the Mid-Essex Extreme Riding Conquering All Terrain Society (MEERCATS) on Saturday then ?

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #3728 on: December 02, 2019, 05:32:42 pm »
Not joining the Mid-Essex Extreme Riding Conquering All Terrain Society (MEERCATS) on Saturday then ?
Were you working on that acronym all weekend??
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #3729 on: December 02, 2019, 05:48:08 pm »
Were you working on that acronym all weekend??

;D :thumbsup:

tedshred

« Reply #3730 on: December 02, 2019, 05:49:10 pm »
It's a talent.

Sad really that it's the only one I have.

« Reply #3731 on: December 02, 2019, 05:56:13 pm »

I think I'll stick to the roads, ta. They're bad enough at the moment to be considered off road!

« Reply #3732 on: December 02, 2019, 05:58:27 pm »
It's a talent.

Sad really that it's the only one I have.

How about: Ted's Weekend All Terrain Society?

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3733 on: December 02, 2019, 08:19:59 pm »

I have been trying to find some suitable COR along the Stansted Airport Express Route for Saturday.

See https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31546688.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions and does anyone fancy this for Saturday ?

The bit at km14 is the path opps the John Smiths trailer on Church Lane - I've ridden it in the dark the other direction (downhill) without an issue - but if there's a few riders heading up it in daylight, might draw attention to yourselves as you pass the house!
Cut Throat Lane is fine up till km17.6, there is no exit on to ERW so you need to follow it along to exit at the RBT (make sure you use the bridge at the ford)
I've not done Dunmow Lane (km19-21) so will be interested to see how you find it, it looks like a grass track for the most of it and an impenetrable entrance off the main road. It turns to a farm track as it exits on to Pleshey Rd.
Trail off Mashbury Road is fine till it turns to a rutted grass track about km24.9
Not sure about the bit around Beauchamp Roding, will await your report...
At km102, whynot stay on Pods Lane and use a bit of the Flitch Way to get to Fairy Hall Lane (which is a bit muddy but generally OK as noted by Tomsk)
London Rd was rubbish on Saturday with cars, so good call optimizing through Notley!

Looks like a good adventure - don't forget your bike packing bags and 1x!

Regards,

Joergen

tedshred

« Reply #3734 on: December 06, 2019, 11:46:10 pm »
With one thing and another and the fact that my Black Friday bling bits didn't arrive until today, I am still building my new micro adventure backpacking gravel machine.  It is looking good though.

I will be on fixed tomorrow and sticking to the advisory route.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3735 on: December 07, 2019, 12:20:22 am »
With one thing and another and the fact that my Black Friday bling bits didn't arrive until today, I am still building my new micro adventure backpacking gravel machine.  It is looking good though.

I will be on fixed tomorrow and sticking to the advisory route.

There's some interest in your gravel version of the Oyster on the UK Gravel Facebook forum.... are you a member there yet??
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #3736 on: December 07, 2019, 01:59:40 pm »

Oh God, is that what you're calling yourselves these days? Next you'll be talking about bike packing micro adventures and fuck knows what other bullshit terms to describe what people having been doing on bicycles since the 19th century...

Hang on, hang on, weren't you the first to get a pretentious gravel bike about five years ago, bobb?

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #3737 on: December 07, 2019, 04:28:46 pm »
Ah, fair point m’lud.