Author Topic: Basecamp Mobile app no longer works on ios9  (Read 1165 times)

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Basecamp Mobile app no longer works on ios9
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:41:42 am »
Since the update to ios9 Basecamp Mobile has ceased to work (just crashes). This means I need a real computer to transfer tracks to/from my Oregon 650.

I read this response to an enquiry on a German forum: "Wir müssen Ihnen leider mitteilen, dass die BaseCamp Mobile App mit dem Update auf IOS 9.0 nicht mehr kompatibel ist und zum aktuellen Zeitpunkt auch kein weiteres Update in Planung ist. Unser aktueller Fokus liegt in der Weiterentwicklung der Garmin Connect Mobile App. Hier sollen perspektivisch auch Funktionalitäten der BaseCamp App integriert werden, von denen dann sowohl Android als aus IOS Nutzer profitieren werden. Detaillierte Informationen zu diesen Erweiterungen und auch Verfügbarkeiten können wir gegenwärtig noch nicht geben.

Aktuell prüfen wir die Möglichkeit die Kompatibilität der Garmin Connect Mobile App auf die Oregon 6xx Serie zu erweitern"

Basically, yep, it doesn't work anymore but we aren't bothering to fix it. Instead we will do more to Garmin Connect mobile app. At the moment we are trying to work out if we can extend G Connect Mobile App to the Oregon 6xx series."

I won't hold my breath.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Basecamp Mobile app no longer works on ios9
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:38:45 pm »
I didn't realise there was a mobile version of BaseCamp.  Ah well.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 06:44:31 pm »
Any third-party apps that claim to do transfer stuff to/from a Garmin?  There are for Android.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 10:06:48 pm »
Doesn't appear to be anything on the App store.

My chum here Klaus had ordered a new Oregon 600 which arrived yesterday. He will be sending it back today as he needs it to communicate with his iPhone and spent all yesterday evening trying to get it to work with his phone and also with his Ant+ cadence sensor with no luck.

He has now ordered an Edge 1000 although he doesn't like the internal battery.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 11:36:09 pm »
It seems Garmin claim the GPSMAP 64s and Etrex Touch 35 work with the Garmin Connect mobile app. Looks like they are the only handheld models currently supported.
Any tried it out, does it work with both Android and iOS, what can it actually do?