Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 1619522 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22850 on: December 06, 2019, 06:29:08 pm »
Friend of mine moved into a house and discovered the Edwardian-style bell-pull operated an impressive mercury switch from the days before health & safety.  Bonus.
Late to this party, but somewhere, in amongst my Dymo TM labelled drawers, I have a mercury tilt switch which used to activate the under-bonnet lights of my first car when the bonnet was lifted.

Unless I'm in line to make a post in the "Today I learned..." thread, that doesn't sound like something that came as original factory-fitted equipment.
D'you know I honestly am struggling to remember, but it was a 1972 car with electric windows on all four doors - quite advanced for the day. Vauxhall Viscount 3.3

« Reply #22851 on: December 06, 2019, 08:01:14 pm »
"mercury tilt switch" combined with "car" sounds like the type of string that should trigger Echelon .... :jurek:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #22852 on: December 08, 2019, 03:19:31 pm »
Lying down feeling tired after clearing some overgrown rose bushes & small trees in my parents front garden.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #22853 on: December 11, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »
Out for Christmas lunch on my own. Suddenly got a free afternoon and our local really good restaurant had a table for 1.