Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 110037 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1500 on: June 09, 2019, 07:15:52 am »
bought a bottle of "craft" gin yesterday, with one of those foil caps and a cork.  not noticing that I'd not fully removed the rip strip, I gripped the cork and twisted, slicing my fingertip on the sharp edge of the partially removed rip strip in the process.

my high-pitched yelp was enough to call swmbo from the living room, followed by a pithy comment "told you alcohol was bad for you"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #1501 on: June 09, 2019, 07:31:26 am »
So much for mother's ruin.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1502 on: June 18, 2019, 01:06:03 pm »
In spite of putting gaffer tape over the button I managed to incinerate last night's dinner by accidentally operating the grill, thereby filling half the house with 'orrid stinky smoke again.  The only plus in the whole sorry business was that this time it wasn't fish.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1503 on: June 18, 2019, 01:20:45 pm »
I spent most of the morning trying to get the colour printer at work to print for me only to find I'd been sending my test pages to the black and white one. In my defense I was given the IP address for the black and white one and not the colour one that I'd requested.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #1504 on: June 18, 2019, 01:27:48 pm »
Strove with might & main to open a plastic Wolfcraft box then hauled it over to the workshop threatening doom & screwdrivers; where, in the different lighting, I perceived the wide piece of sticky tape holding it closed.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #1505 on: June 18, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »
I'm sure that when I reached up to grab my can of deodorant, I didn't so much as touch the clock that was sitting on top of the bathroom cabinet alongside it. And yet I must have done because a moment later...

Today I have mostly been researching new bathroom basins.

The bathroom clock now sits on the window sill.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1506 on: Yesterday at 04:12:43 pm »
My new, temporary, job requires me to either drive or train /cycle.

I decided on the latter, naturally. Bought a folder, for train reasons, starting to get into a routine. This morning I needed to swap bags as I need to take my laptop home. Bag duly swapped and off to work I went. Once at work I realised that the polo shirt that I had found out for work was in my other bag. Cue having to sit at work in sweaty, damp (it was raining too) cycling jersey and undershirt all day!

I am taking multiple ones in tomorrow, as emergency spares.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State