Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 115581 times)

Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1550 on: August 04, 2019, 09:32:04 pm »
Following on from my last entry.   When I got back into my flat I just shoved my soaking gloves into my rackback & forgot about them.  Opened the rackbag up today (hunting for gloves), they appear to have acquired a certain odour  :sick:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1551 on: August 07, 2019, 08:46:09 pm »
Accidentally threw my Ti spork in a bin. :'( :facepalm:

Disaster!
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1552 on: August 07, 2019, 08:48:17 pm »
Following on from my last entry.   When I got back into my flat I just shoved my soaking gloves into my rackback & forgot about them.  Opened the rackbag up today (hunting for gloves), they appear to have acquired a certain odour  :sick:

I took a pair of shoes up the Paps of Jura last week, it was so boggy that I left them on the bumper of my car for the next few days to dry out before I drove home.  12 hours of socks and shoes in my boot on Monday  :o
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1553 on: August 07, 2019, 10:51:22 pm »
Plugged USB drive in (needs external power) to do backup. Fired up rsync pointed the correct folders on the PC to the correct folders on USB drive and let it run.

Stood up to go to bed, hit the light switch, which the extension cord/lead is connected to, which powers things like the table light, printer, monitor and the USB drive ...
http://www.letusbeheard.uk March in London on October 19th and on the 12th Rally 4 Our Rights

« Reply #1554 on: August 09, 2019, 09:20:56 am »
Walked out of the flat, closed the door & then realised my keys were on the kitchen table.
This is going to mean a visit to my family in the suburbs to pick up my spare set.  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1555 on: August 09, 2019, 09:45:01 am »
You need a chain around your neck for your keys.
http://www.letusbeheard.uk March in London on October 19th and on the 12th Rally 4 Our Rights

« Reply #1556 on: August 09, 2019, 09:22:51 pm »
Refurbished kitchen 18 months ago at cost of huge.......Put hot pan on work top.......FFS.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1557 on: August 10, 2019, 07:58:47 am »
Refurbished kitchen 18 months ago at cost of huge.......Put hot pan on work top.......FFS.
My wife has form for this, and we have a newish kitchen now.  My plan, for that eventuality, is to get a pre-cut piece of stainless steel, say 6mm thick, and then rout out the exact size over the burnt area.  Drop the stainless plate in on a bed of silicone and it'll look like it was always intended.  Could do it with a ceramic tile or 2. 

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #1558 on: August 10, 2019, 08:18:50 am »
We were very careful not to do that. However, our tea-making area is traversed by a joint where the worktop takes a 90°. Splashes eventually penetrated the joint and gee, swell.  We keep one of those daft glass chopping-boards over that bit now - the feet lift it clear of the embarrassing bit.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #1559 on: August 12, 2019, 10:43:50 am »
Wooden (solid oak) worktops keep a good record of kitchen accidents and other assorted incidents of culinary shame.

We did have them originally done with the Danish oil stuff which was a horrid colour and offered very little protection against spills. We had them sanded and redone earlier this year with a matt varnish which is a lot hardier unless the person who cleans your oven happens to drip oven cleaner on it and it gets left there for several days...

DivSpot: I have a new office chair in the Remote Command Centre which I opted not to purchase arms for, so I could scoot around more freely. In principle fine, though I attempted to lever myself up to get coffee earlier with those non-existing arms and fell flat on the floor next to my desk. At least only the cat was around to validate my wounded pride.

!nataS pihsroW