Author Topic: Bought any photography stuff today?  (Read 90488 times)

Re: Bought any photography stuff today?
« Reply #950 on: October 06, 2019, 02:51:10 pm »
I'm also looking at printers that will print a photo well today. My old Epson 1500 has been refusing to print onto thicker paper for a while and the print quality of some test prints today is awful. The fact I'd need to get new ink soon is also going against it...

While I'm sure sending off can be cheaper, I enjoy the process of getting a picture on a nice paper to look as good as I can. A cycle of remote print, tweak, try again would get old pretty quickly.

« Reply #951 on: October 06, 2019, 03:51:28 pm »
With photo printers, it's the running costs that make it more effective to send them off for printing. However, it is nice to have a printer that is capable of photo quality results, my money has always been on the Epson R series, no idea if they still do them, with genuine Epson inks.  I've got a venerable R360 that sees occasional use and has been doing well for probably 10 years. It's capable of exceptional output, and I have prints on the wall that have been up for 15 years (from its predecessor) which although behind glass show no sign of fade.

I had one of those as well. Brilliant thing. I gave it to friends son in the end as I couldn't justify the running costs (too little printing so it kept clogging up). We just send things to photobox or the like these days. You used to be able to get outboard ink feeds for them if you were really keen which meant much cheaper ink bought in big bottles.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #952 on: October 06, 2019, 06:41:58 pm »
I've got a venerable R360...

I had one of those as well. Brilliant thing. I gave it to friends son in the end...
Slightly off-topic, but our R360 finally gave up the ghost. If Ham, pcolbeck or anyone else wants a few random, unused Epson "hummingbird" cartridges, we'd be glad to see the back of them. Make a donation to charity or not, just as you like.

« Reply #953 on: October 06, 2019, 07:04:21 pm »
YHPM

Woofage

• Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #954 on: October 16, 2019, 12:09:21 pm »
Having just "sold" my Panasonic Lumix G6 and 14-42 lens to Miss W, I've just replaced it with a G80 plus 12-60  :smug:.

It's a lot bigger (and heavier) than my old camera but the controls are more positive. Most importantly it has a proper 2 wheel control setup rather than the bodged version on previous G series bodies. I look forward to its first proper outing.

Need a second battery first though.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #955 on: November 11, 2019, 08:13:42 am »
Just bought a Bronica ETRS with a 75mm/f2.8.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • My Instagram
« Reply #956 on: November 11, 2019, 04:29:03 pm »
A Lumix TZ70. The Canon G11 that I bought off Clarion 4 years ago died on me. :(

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #957 on: November 23, 2019, 07:50:34 pm »
Not today, but a Splashart Water Drop photography controller! https://www.phototrigger.co.uk/splashart/  :smug: Funded by the sale of some old Pentax compatible lenses and other old photography gear  :thumbsup:

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #958 on: November 27, 2019, 05:48:54 pm »
A pair of Tommee Tippee baby bottle bags. Handy for lens cases, most Micro 4/3 lenses can fit nicely. Can squeeze in my Panasonic 100-300. Plenty of padding.