Author Topic: Phototalk random thread  (Read 14264 times)

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
Re: Phototalk random thread
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2020, 01:08:41 pm »
Here's a bit of a laff.  I have a Nikon D600 and a Nikon V1. They both take the same type of battery, an EN-EL15.  A couple of days ago I recharged the battery from the V1 and put it back: the V1 then said "this battery has reached the end of its useful life and can no longer be used in this camera".  But in the D600 it still shows a full charge - and after shooting a time-lapse 25' long with AF & built-in flash every 5", it's showing 80% capacity, assuming that the blob scale in the control panel is linear and not borrowed from a Morris Minor.

I reckon that merits a medium-long Hmm...

I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2020, 09:40:19 am »
Anyone know where I put the 67mm polarising filter for my Canon?  All this beautiful sunshine needs  a PL filter.......

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2020, 10:55:07 am »
I think you put it with my dymo labeller. Does that help?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2020, 10:56:17 am »
Ah, it is you that has lost my dymo labeller then...
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2020, 01:53:06 pm »
I think you put it with my dymo labeller. Does that help?
No, no.  I know where your Dymo labeller is...............

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2020, 03:45:00 pm »
42 years ago I graduated with a degree in photographic science, so I was somewhat embarrassed to discover something moderately fundamental that I'm sure I should have known about.
If you stick a close up lens on a long focus lens you can get closer (effectively, IYSWIM) than you can with the close up lens on a short focus lens. Since the closest focus of a long focus lens is always further away than that of a similar shorter focus one this seems somewhat counter-intuitive. At least, it does to me. 42 years obviously scrambles the brain cells. If I thought really hard and drew some ray diagrams I could probably prove it but ICBA.
There's no vibrations, but wait.