Author Topic: Epson driver issue  (Read 640 times)

Epson driver issue
« on: 05 February, 2016, 02:25:07 pm »
Ran out of ink for usual printer so as we have a spare Epsom Stylus Photo R265 tried to get a driver from Epson support for the win7 64 bit machine. They gave me a link but it comes up with printer falied to install error message. They asked me to disable Avast which I did but it still didn't install and as I told them I have installed many progs with it running...

Suggestions please?

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Epson driver issue
« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2016, 02:41:07 pm »
Get some ink for your usual printer.

Life's too short for printer drivers.

« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2016, 03:44:02 pm »
Oddly just what we have done but on principle I would like to get this machine working.

PH

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3 on: 05 February, 2016, 04:30:11 pm »
If the printer is connected by USB, try letting Windows find and install a working driver for you.  Turn on the printer and plug it in and follow instructions.  Reboot the PC if nothing happens.

If trying to install the printer over the network, start via "Add a printer" via Control Panel.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #4 on: 05 February, 2016, 04:53:10 pm »
What driver are your trying to install? This one claims to be compatible with Windows 10 64 bit. http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=wsMoc1iChVG7z5pvmQbF69tazqU6RDu9j2gAzdCnlfEU003D&id=374914

Running the installer in compatibility mode may help. Or running as administrator.

Or you could install up a virtual machine for an older Windows version, might work. Though not sure if its worth the effort.

« Reply #5 on: 05 February, 2016, 08:42:21 pm »
The one Epson support gave me ended in 13 not one four.

I have my better one up and running and am putting the other printer back on Linux. I can't believe a support tech in 2016 told me it was an anti virus issue.

PH