Author Topic: Evolution A647 Carbon Road Disc Forks 700c 1 1/8 Inch Ahead  (Read 2088 times)

Re: Evolution A647 Carbon Road Disc Forks 700c 1 1/8 Inch Ahead
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »
Tapered alloy steerer tube

and a more cryptic reference to the headset type on the London Road frame page:

Headset Type   FSA C-40-ACB
indicates a tapered headset: http://www.fullspeedahead.com/products/cyclocross/orbit-c-40-acb-integrated-headset/

Ah, missed that. Soz, everyone!

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 02:19:19 pm »
As best I can measure, the crown height on my non-disc SLX fork is 385mm and the minimum width between the blades is 50mm (36.5mm on the Enigma) - these forks will take some chunky tyres! As such, they're not really Audax forks and I would imagine the disc version to be the same - I've emailed VN to ask them. The forks are not so difficult to find - as I said, Fat Birds have them. The forks are made by Evotech.

Van Nicholas have confirmed the crown height of the disc SLX fork as 398mm - I did query that, but they are certain!

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 03:42:14 pm »
Are these what audaxers have been waiting for?  No mudguard eyelets though?  I've tried to find a road specific carbon fork with disk mounts for ages and it would appear that this is the one??

What did you go for in the end?

I'm looking for the same for a Tempo and Condor, Enigma and Evolution (which is what led me here) have all been suggested.

At the moment I'm keen on the Condor mostly because it's £60 cheaper than the Enigma, but I'd be interested to benefit from your experience.