Author Topic: National 400km 2016  (Read 51518 times)

JayP

• You must be joking
Re: National 400km 2016
« Reply #250 on: 04 August, 2016, 10:50:12 pm »
Good luck on the helpers ride to all riding

Thanks Oggy. Clever of you to twig that. I'm sure we'll be fine. Mind you I believe the route-sheet is a right load of cobblers  :-[

« Reply #251 on: 05 August, 2016, 12:59:53 am »
I've put a helper's-eye report here:-

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=98841.0

Not strictly a ride report but I did E-C-E it (except for the C!

Peter

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #252 on: 07 August, 2016, 11:31:59 pm »
Pls submit to arrivee so I can read it all over again.
The not-your-usual-run-of-the-mill-ride-description pieces are always fun to read.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #253 on: 07 August, 2016, 11:35:51 pm »
Thanks, Arabella, I'll do that.

« Reply #254 on: 09 August, 2016, 10:49:16 am »

My little write up over on the occasional blog of things....  ;D
http://ultrabunny.uk/2016/08/05/audax-national-400/

Thanks again all.... might help put a face to the username too.

« Reply #255 on: 09 August, 2016, 01:42:58 pm »

My little write up over on the occasional blog of things....  ;D
http://ultrabunny.uk/2016/08/05/audax-national-400/

Thanks again all.... might help put a face to the username too.

Nice read  :thumbsup:

I'm wondering who the nemesis is though, I was near you around that time but fairly sure I never ran any red lights.  :-\

« Reply #256 on: 10 August, 2016, 08:00:18 am »
I'm wondering who the nemesis is though, I was near you around that time but fairly sure I never ran any red lights.  :-\

Unless you marked yourself out with a particular event branding it wasn't you..... mind you we gave people with pbp & lel gilets/tops a wide berth too.

Gosh I've just had a flashback of nearly being taken out by a maroon Subaru legacy on the way out of anslow who hadn't looked beyond the front of his bonnet to see the horse & cart we were waiting to overtake :o or the blind right hander he was doing it on.
Oh and the artic that squeezed me into the kerb on the way back from Llangollen.... other than that plain sailing :D

« Reply #257 on: 10 August, 2016, 11:07:22 pm »
I'm assuming I've been chosen for my "Ironman Event Branding"  as your nemesis. Having completed 16 I've collected quite a few jerseys. I regret that you've chosen to demonise me and accuse me of jumping a traffic signal. I'm usually quite garrulous and had you not chosen to be ignorant  towards me in Upton Magna I'd have introduced you to my wife who had worked all Saturday afternoon and evening to help you and the other riders. Might I suggest you try finding a new "friend" rather than a "nemesis" on your next ride.

« Reply #258 on: 11 August, 2016, 12:45:02 am »

Unless you marked yourself out with a particular event branding it wasn't you..... mind you we gave people with pbp & lel gilets/tops a wide berth too.

This spat is a shame.  Ed, I really enjoyed your write up but I, too, was puzzled about talk of nemetodes.  I was surprise too about wide berths for some of the most experienced and friendly riders I know - one such gileteer was captaining a tandem for a blind stoker and they did PBP like that; another rode solo to India (which will teach him to pay more attention to the routesheet).

I enjoyed meeting you and Clare (and I can pronounce her surname!).  Come on some more Peak Audax rides!

« Reply #259 on: 11 August, 2016, 10:44:42 am »

This spat is a shame.  Ed, I really enjoyed your write up but I, too, was puzzled about talk of nemetodes.  I was surprise too about wide berths for some of the most experienced and friendly riders I know - one such gileteer was captaining a tandem for a blind stoker and they did PBP like that; another rode solo to India (which will teach him to pay more attention to the routesheet).

I enjoyed meeting you and Clare (and I can pronounce her surname!).  Come on some more Peak Audax rides!

Well the gilet comment was in jest (and all due respect for riding those events), the nemesis comments tongue in cheek, the red light comment was neither (We stopped, a car stopped, the riders behind said individual stopped...).

« Reply #260 on: 11 August, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »
I did wonder whether the gilet comment was a joke, Ed - sorry.  Obviously I didn't see any of the other stuff. 

Peter

« Reply #261 on: 11 August, 2016, 08:03:50 pm »

Ah well I don't take very much seriously to be honest  :)  we did discuss the tandem (oh and the pashley!.. and the trike) and had discussed if you'd swap positions over that distance, might get a bit boring on the back all the time. Didn't twig until Upton Magna that might not have been a great idea  ;) kudos.

« Reply #262 on: 11 August, 2016, 08:06:59 pm »
one such gileteer was captaining a tandem for a blind stoker and they did PBP like that; another rode solo to India (which will teach him to pay more attention to the routesheet).

Scotch Corner: L@T and follow the sunrise.

I wasn't wearing my PBP jersey during the ride - I had club kit on, otherwise Gordon would've told me off.

Ardbeg man: sorry, I prefer Bruichladdich ;)

« Reply #263 on: 12 August, 2016, 12:26:33 am »

one such gileteer was captaining a tandem for a blind stoker and they did PBP like that; another rode solo to India (which will teach him to pay more attention to the routesheet).

Scotch Corner: L@T and follow the sunrise.

I wasn't wearing my PBP jersey during the ride - I had club kit on, otherwise Gordon would've told me off.

Ardbeg man: sorry, I prefer Bruichladdich ;)
:)