Author Topic: Utilitarian Adventures  (Read 68211 times)

Re: Utilitarian Adventures
« Reply #575 on: May 22, 2019, 09:26:42 pm »
Bravo!!
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #576 on: May 23, 2019, 11:24:52 am »
And original goggles were found 20 minutes later

« Reply #577 on: May 23, 2019, 11:38:40 am »
And original goggles were found 20 minutes later
But of course !
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2019, 03:40:30 pm »
So far this weekend my utilitarian cycling has included a xydle to a event about climate change put on by a really inspirational 13 year old girl and met the principal of the school who said that he had a tourer and said take the bike inside as too nice to leave outside

Then today a trip to get webbing and buckles to make replacement straps for the girls buoyancy aids then to get some gardening vouchers then to a 1st birthday drop in picnic thing

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2019, 04:42:36 pm »
Sounds like the kind of person who should be in charge of a school!  :thumbsup: Puzzled about the buoyancy aids though. I mean, we have had a lot of rain but if you need buoyancy aids for the gardening...  :D
sideways bounding monkey lounging under fruit tree

« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2019, 01:55:02 pm »
Apart from cycling to school with little Joe this weeks only utilitarian adventure was a trip into the city center on the Circe Helios in cargo mode to collect a new suit.  Perhaps not a trip many would imagine to warrant a cargo bike but the advantage was being able to lay the new suit out on the large rack thus avoiding a scrunched up mess on arrival home.

« Reply #581 on: July 13, 2019, 05:52:32 pm »
Trying to clear some junk out of my loft so I've more space to put junk up there.   :facepalm:

A mixed load of old wheels , tyres, a crap frame, old stools & chairs, a knackered record player, old duvet, pillows & bedding, 2(!) vacuum cleaners.  All had to be dragged out of the loft & carried down 8 flights of stairs.

That meant 4 trips to the dump with the Carry Freedom trailer.  I'm a bit knackered now.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #582 on: July 26, 2019, 07:45:00 am »
Much curtailed list of errands last night asamaged to get the wife a bottle of wine, pick up a portable DVD player from a friend and then having seen lightning, felt the rain and the wind pick up and the humidity went to about 786% decided to race home. Was the right choice as was raining hard minutes after I got home.

« Reply #583 on: August 07, 2019, 06:39:50 am »
Our car died the day before we were meant to drive it to Germany. Thankfully got lent a car for holiday and it's an easy fix once the part arrives but means we currently don't have a fully functioning car.

This meant last night a trip to brothers to help him carry a chest of drawers up stairs and then a cycle to one of t'wifes middle class friends to pick up some eco washing liquid.

Today will. Involve seeing how much of aldis finest can be fitted onto my bike, answer will be a fair bit but will again make me consider butterfly/touring bars on the tourer rathe then drops

Tomorrow will involve the kids cycling round to my mother's so the wife can have a few hours without them

Lots of utilitarianism