Author Topic: probikekit  (Read 1595 times)

probikekit
« on: May 04, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »
PROBIKEKIT
anyone had dealings with these bods ?
be interested to learn of the experience

Re: probikekit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:21:01 pm »
Mrs S ordered me something from there a while ago, about 5 minutes later she had email apologising for listing an out of stock item and did she want a refund or to wait a week for stock, she chose to wait.

Fast forward a week, another email offering a refund or a weeks wait, knowing the manufacturer (manyana, manyana) I wasn't surprised, again she waited.

Another week, an email saying now sent gratis with next day courier, the cost of which must have been more than the value of the bit.

She was very pleased with their pro-active customer service.

IJL

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:08:50 pm »
I've used them a few times without issues. 

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:58:07 pm »
after contacting them yesterday now have e-mail from them saying they are having supply problems and hope to deliver in about a week
why couldn`t they have let me know without having to be prodded with a pointy stick ? :hand:
ordered 1 off set from wiggle yesterday, tracking says it will be here in 1h 40m  :thumbsup:
I feel a cancellation call to pbk imminent

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 08:56:26 pm »
They missed me so much that they sent me an email offering a 12% discount. That was nice because I was on the verge of ordering something from them anyway. I checked the small print because they warned that certain items were excluded from the discount offer.

The item I wanted isn't excluded.
The discount offer is valid until Tuesday 30th.

When I tried to apply the discount at checkout, I got
"The discount code you entered is invalid or not applicable to the contents of your basket."

WTF?
No contact phone number.... I'll see what their "Live Chat" has to say tomorrow.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 09:05:35 pm »
I think it's them who I used to get stuff from years back and I mean 20 + years. Some hideous 90s unheard of team stuff at dirt cheap prices and some shorts with awful pads but very cheap

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 10:22:35 pm »
I think it's them who I used to get stuff from years back and I mean 20 + years. Some hideous 90s unheard of team stuff at dirt cheap prices and some shorts with awful pads but very cheap
??? ::-)
I was looking to buy a chainset from a reputable global manufacturer, not a Barloworld team jumper or a pair of cheapo shorts.
I've bought a few things from them over the years, never had a problem before.
Let's see how they deal with this, eh?

NEWS UPDATE: Tried again this morning, the order went through with discount applied. I was, however, disappointed to see that they had no hideous 90s unheard of team stuff, just rubbish cheapo brands like Castelli and Santini.  :thumbsup:

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 01:53:00 am »
Iirc it's  a generic online shop grouping, I figured this out when they sent me a pair of shoes I needed in a hurry with a missing rivet which would explain why it was the last pair in my size. I emailed suggesting they could send me the replacement bit but they just send to send it back for a refund so told them I'd fix it myself with a split pin, and I did. Then bough the spare part from SJS.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 07:04:17 am »
Only used them once. Got the "Your item has been delivered" email when it most obviously hadn't been. But they were fairly quick about the refund.

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 11:45:46 am »
Used them once, about 15 years ago. Still get regular emails from them trying to lure me in with various discounts but I've never found anything I wanted that wasn't cheaper elsewhere. No problems on the occasion I did use them, but it was 15 or so years ago!
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 06:29:28 pm »
Final FINAL update: two and a bit weeks after accepting my order, they now tell me that neither of the two items I ordered is available.  ??? :facepalm: ::-)

NEVER AGAIN. WAZZOCKS.  :hand: