Author Topic: The ACME [Audax Club Mid-Essex] Jersey Thread  (Read 17029 times)

Re: The ACME [Audax Club Mid-Essex] Jersey Thread
« Reply #75 on: 26 May, 2016, 12:59:31 pm »
Bit late to the party on this one. registering interest in an ACME jersey whatever style is decided.

If you haven't found a cap producer Walz Caps do custom orders of varying quailty but they are US based. I have a couple of their caps which are excellent.
http://www.walzcaps.com/pages/custom-caps

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #76 on: 26 May, 2016, 01:13:03 pm »
Yeah! I've always fancied Walz cap!

« Reply #77 on: 26 May, 2016, 01:41:59 pm »
Yeah! I've always fancied Walz cap!

$20 for an embroidered logo (if you buy 11 or more!) would be very nice!

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #78 on: 26 May, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »
Now, that cap has got me very interested.

My parents live in Essex and I've partaken of some of Tomsk's rides and helped out at the Essex control on LEL.  Could that make me the equivalent of what London's clubs would call A Country Member?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #79 on: 26 May, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »
Now, that cap has got me very interested.

My parents live in Essex and I've partaken of some of Tomsk's rides and helped out at the Essex control on LEL.  Could that make me the equivalent of what London's clubs would call A Country Member?
Redlight, under the (quite loose) rules we have set out for membership qualification of acme you more than qualify as a full member  :thumbsup:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #80 on: 26 May, 2016, 04:33:10 pm »
If there is an upswell of interest in ACME Watz caps I'd be happy to get them sorted. I'm guessing we'll need to sort the shirt design first.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #81 on: 26 May, 2016, 05:01:43 pm »
There's quite a few options on how the caps are adorned with image, some involve a $30 tooling charge per colour, plus its US based, so also customs to consider as well.

Captain Slow has one of the Blackmore caps I got her for Xmas, seems OK to me, given we'll cover the one-off design fee, will that extend to the Blackmore caps also? (bonus points for being UK based etc etc...)
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #82 on: 26 May, 2016, 08:25:15 pm »
Walz caps look good  :thumbsup:

I'd hoped to post a draft of the ACME dynamite logo, but Photobucket seems to be having a crisis, so I'll have to have another go tomorrow.  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #83 on: 26 May, 2016, 08:27:48 pm »
I only mentioned Walz caps cos I've always wanted one. But if others aren't keen I'd be happy with an alternative.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #84 on: 27 May, 2016, 07:44:30 am »

Something like this for the brevet cards? Do we need it to also say 'Audax Club Mid-Essex'?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #85 on: 27 May, 2016, 07:51:29 am »
I think on brevets that's really good.  On the shirts the name needs spelling out but that's an excellent logo! 

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #86 on: 27 May, 2016, 09:33:39 am »
I think on brevets that's really good.  On the shirts the name needs spelling out but that's an excellent logo!

Agreed!

Tomsk should take up art or something,  he's really quite good!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #87 on: 27 May, 2016, 09:42:56 am »
There's quite a few options on how the caps are adorned with image, some involve a $30 tooling charge per colour, plus its US based, so also customs to consider as well.

Captain Slow has one of the Blackmore caps I got her for Xmas, seems OK to me, given we'll cover the one-off design fee, will that extend to the Blackmore caps also? (bonus points for being UK based etc etc...)

Walz was just a suggestion as I knew they did custom jobbies. Blackmore would definitely be preferable being UK + Essex + small independent.

Could I also suggest on the cap design possible inclusion of the Essex coat of arms or would that bump up cost/ design / colour fees?

« Reply #88 on: 27 May, 2016, 02:15:07 pm »
Walz make the (excellent quality) ACH caps. We'll sell you one if you want.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Oscar's dad

« Reply #89 on: 27 May, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »
Walz make the (excellent quality) ACH caps. We'll sell you one if you want.

Go on then, after all I did complete The Shark (the nightmares are diminishing now) so I reckon I am entitled to wear an ACH cap.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #90 on: 01 June, 2016, 08:16:54 am »
The dynamite log will be incorporated. My sketch is being transmogrified so it can be added easily to other stuff [small charge for this too...fair enough] and we can decide where to have it: left chest, rear pocket??

Second thoughts about Audax Club Mid-Essex on sleeve stripe - too busy with ACME and web address on sleeve cuff??

Looks like other than last minute tweaks we are ready to place an order - I'll need to get a list of names and sizes...but there will be extras to add on to make up a batch of 30.

I've a busy weekend coming up, so maybe next week I'll start chasing people up...

« Reply #91 on: 19 July, 2016, 11:11:02 am »
Hi
Can I join ACME and register interest in top and cap 👍🚴🏽😘

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: 19 July, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »
Hi
Can I join ACME and register interest in top and cap 👍🚴🏽😘

Yes, but we will want your AUK championship points, though! - Change club to ACME on your AUK membership page. The jerseys will be distributed for those who have pre-ordered [soon I hope] and I'll be selling them at ACME events, and at Wednesday evening MEMWNS gatherings. Mail order too probably.  :thumbsup:

Caps order to be confirmed once we get the jerseys done.

« Reply #93 on: 20 July, 2016, 06:07:18 am »
I seem to have missed the jersey ordering details previously. Hopefully 27th is not too late to get my order in? Otherwise would do 'mail order'.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #94 on: 20 July, 2016, 04:19:46 pm »
I seem to have missed the jersey ordering details previously. Hopefully 27th is not too late to get my order in? Otherwise would do 'mail order'.

I've ordered 10 extra in sizes S, M, L & XL.

Beyond XL will have to wait until the next order [one on the list already]. I've tried a bit of arm twisting with a few Essex AUKs/CTC/non-members, post 'Saxons 400', so we'll see if we can recruit any more to the fun.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #95 on: 20 July, 2016, 06:34:00 pm »
Ah - I also missed the point on the thread that said "order now" so will try to avail myself of one of those extra ones, if I may.  Probably a medium.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #96 on: 21 July, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »
Ah - I also missed the point on the thread that said "order now" so will try to avail myself of one of those extra ones, if I may.  Probably a medium.

Rubs hands with glee...more points.  :thumbsup: Not that audaxing is competitive. We just need to kidnap the Straggler next time he does an Essex event and nab his enormous points total .

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #97 on: 21 July, 2016, 06:06:58 pm »

Rubs hands with glee...more points.  :thumbsup: Not that audaxing is competitive. We just need to kidnap the Straggler next time he does an Essex event and nab his enormous points total .
To be fair he has earned a lot of those points riding Essex events, can't we simply commandeer them?
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #98 on: 21 July, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »
It's a shame points don't mean prizes!

the straggler

• ACME Award Recipient & ROTY 2021
« Reply #99 on: 21 July, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »
As I mentioned to Tedshred, it would take an an Ultra-ordinary offer by ACME to perhaps tempt me to switch allegiance.  I suppose there is nothing to prevent myself from switching my audax club details on a weekly basis between CCS & ACME and still compete for 2 separate annual club silverware?  I have similar traits to a labrador, always on a look out for a reward.    ;)
CCS - Setting the Standards