Author Topic: The ACME [Audax Club Mid-Essex] Jersey Thread  (Read 16936 times)

Re: The ACME [Audax Club Mid-Essex] Jersey Thread
« Reply #100 on: 21 July, 2016, 10:52:47 pm »
Hi
Can I join ACME and register interest in top and cap 👍🚴🏽😘

Yes, but we will want your AUK championship points, though! - Change club to ACME on your AUK membership page. The jerseys will be distributed for those who have pre-ordered [soon I hope] and I'll be selling them at ACME events, and at Wednesday evening MEMWNS gatherings. Mail order too probably.  :thumbsup:

Caps order to be confirmed once we get the jerseys done.

thank you . I will change club on AUK and look out fot jerseys at event etc or order mail order size M

« Reply #101 on: 22 July, 2016, 06:27:52 pm »
Tomsk, club changed on AUK site 👍🚴🏽

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #102 on: 23 July, 2016, 10:29:23 pm »
Tomsk, club changed on AUK site 👍🚴🏽

Me too, Tomsk.  Can you put a medium aside for me?  I can pick it up at the Flatlands 600, if not before.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: 25 August, 2016, 02:24:08 pm »

This is me in a medium, small is more of a 'race' fit. We may be able to swap orders around with the various extra sizes I've ordered...

Orders can be collected from our ACME Global Clothing Store in Great Dunmow, by arrangement [cue mass ride here this evening??] or I'll fill my saddlebag for next Wednesday's MEMWNS. I'm giving the ACME jersey its first outing later this afternoon.

And a big thank you to Nick Hobbs of Blackmore Cycling Apparel, for bringing them over here this lunchtime.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #104 on: 25 August, 2016, 02:56:39 pm »
That's quite a generous fit for a medium, there'll be plenty of room for winter layers under the large jersey I requested!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #105 on: 25 August, 2016, 07:32:32 pm »
That's quite a generous fit for a medium, there'll be plenty of room for winter layers under the large jersey I requested!

Change clubs! There's a thought. I see your bunch a lot more than the hackney crew though I only live a mile from Hackney... thinks... Would they ever speak to me again? Would they even notice?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #106 on: 25 August, 2016, 07:52:44 pm »

Change clubs! There's a thought. I see your bunch a lot more than the hackney crew though I only live a mile from Hackney... thinks... Would they ever speak to me again? Would they even notice?
come on over, we'll be happy to have you (and bring Raymond with you)  :thumbsup:

the straggler

• ACME Award Recipient & ROTY 2021
« Reply #107 on: 25 August, 2016, 08:40:28 pm »
Now with the ACME  jerseys done (the colour scheme design is growing on me), I am keen to purchase an ACME cap b'cause CCS don't offer one. Any update on how the cap design is progressing....
CCS - Setting the Standards

« Reply #108 on: 25 August, 2016, 09:21:36 pm »

come on over, we'll be happy to have you (and bring Raymond with you)  :thumbsup:

Don't tell Justin, but I have defected. Checked on the map and Wikipedia and I justify my move in that I am on the East side of the River Lea and 'belong' to Epping Forest a lot more than the boozers on Mare St. I know it's MID Essex, but until a SOUTH Essex or Walthamstow Audax club turn up...

« Reply #109 on: 25 August, 2016, 09:47:11 pm »
Nice design. I've cycled through Essex twice (inc Finchingfield) since the Essex R&R. Is Milton Keynes within the ACME boundary?
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #110 on: 25 August, 2016, 10:39:35 pm »
 :thumbsup: roll on Wednesday ( and hopefully I can get out)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #111 on: 25 August, 2016, 11:08:13 pm »
Well I was after an XXL, but an XL was a better fit.... I was even thinking on the ride back from Toms that I might have been better with a L, perhaps I have lost too much weight through dehydration in the hot weather!

So do I bag first Jersey to a pub?

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #112 on: 26 August, 2016, 08:55:31 am »
Big Saxon got the XXL, should fit well.

After my recent medical issues a matching cap is a necessity.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #113 on: 26 August, 2016, 09:04:11 am »
 ;D Mr Blackmore himself got the first try-on and pic, I got the first ride in yesterday evening, Jibers the first pub visit. Who will do the actual first Audax in ACME colours???

Alotronic, we won't tell on you: we have a few spares in L, but they may be needed for those who might downsize. I can see an order of sizes S and M coming soon...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #114 on: 26 August, 2016, 09:09:58 am »
Nice design. I've cycled through Essex twice (inc Finchingfield) since the Essex R&R. Is Milton Keynes within the ACME boundary?
Don't tell Justin, but I have defected. Checked on the map and Wikipedia and I justify my move in that I am on the East side of the River Lea and 'belong' to Epping Forest a lot more than the boozers on Mare St. I know it's MID Essex, but until a SOUTH Essex or Walthamstow Audax club turn up...
The ACME constitution says (well it would if we had one) that domicile geography does not necessarily have a huge weight to your eligibility to don an ACME jersey.  We would like your AUK points to add to our club tally and you may have ridden through mid-Essex at some point, maybe even one of our rides, venturing out on a MEMWNS ride on a Wednesday gives bonus kudos and almost certain acceptance in to ACME (after the pickled egg initiation) ;D

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #115 on: 26 August, 2016, 09:33:48 am »
Bear in mind that if we were sniffy about who joined ACME Tomsk would probably be the only member  ;D

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #116 on: 26 August, 2016, 12:19:07 pm »
We are planning on visiting the Angel and Harp tomorrow [Saturday] lunchtime, if anyone would like to join us, and in the process collect ACME jerseys.

« Reply #117 on: 26 August, 2016, 12:30:13 pm »
Tomsk, are you about this evening? I might be able to make it over to pick up...then I can do my Audax with Alys in the Jersey tomorrow.....

No worries if not though.

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #118 on: 26 August, 2016, 02:44:36 pm »
Tomsk, if any spare jerseys are around on Wednesday night I'd be happy to relieve you of one. I usually tack large or extra large depending on "cut"

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #119 on: 26 August, 2016, 04:42:09 pm »
Tomsk, are you about this evening? I might be able to make it over to pick up...then I can do my Audax with Alys in the Jersey tomorrow.....

No worries if not though.

I'm aiming to grab an hour's ride this evening, but can leave your two jerseys out for whoever is about [at least two will be in] to pass on to you. You really want to win the trophy for first Audax in the jersey, don't you?  :) :thumbsup:

Tomsk, if any spare jerseys are around on Wednesday night I'd be happy to relieve you of one. I usually tack large or extra large depending on "cut"

I have a few spare in size L.

« Reply #120 on: 26 August, 2016, 04:44:20 pm »
That was the plan. It has since been crushed though....we're now out for dinner at 6 so I'll get them off you on Wednesday

ChillyPanda

« Reply #121 on: 26 August, 2016, 07:42:27 pm »
I live in west Essex (near enough to the Hertfordshire border that I consider myself to be in the posh bit  :D). I'm not affiliated to any club at the mo so would I be eligible to join the ACME fraternity? I don't have many points if any to donate at the moment though, I'm afraid  :-[

(where exactly is mid Essex in any case?)

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: 27 August, 2016, 08:00:29 am »
(where exactly is mid Essex in any case?)

Its more a state of mind... ;)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #123 on: 27 August, 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
does Mid Essex extend to North Cambs?

Not that I'll ever have time to get to a mid week nocturnal ride
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #124 on: 30 August, 2016, 09:44:59 am »
I live in west Essex (near enough to the Hertfordshire border that I consider myself to be in the posh bit  :D). I'm not affiliated to any club at the mo so would I be eligible to join the ACME fraternity?

Certainly  :thumbsup:

does Mid Essex extend to North Cambs?

Don't see why not  :thumbsup: