Author Topic: Recommend me some cheap black bibshorts  (Read 777 times)

Recommend me some cheap black bibshorts
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:45:08 pm »
That's cheap as in under £30, nearer £15 would be better.  They're mainly for riding to work in, so short distances.  For long rides I lather everything up with Sudocrem anyway.

Mustn't be baggy in the lunchbox area as I once had a bruised gonad from a pair of excessively slack Northwave shorts.  Even went to the doctor who thought it was an infection but realised the actual cause a couple of days later when I happened to look down during a TT and noticed my equipment bouncing on the nose of the saddle  :hand:
Never tell me the odds.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Recommend me some cheap black bibshorts
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:50:02 pm »
Think Decathlon have something at that price?

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:44:52 pm »
The most basic dhb shirts from wiggle are great. There's a review further down the page. I'd happily and have happily ridden in them all day long.
I have about 6 pairs. Once I found that the sizing was spot on, I didn't need to go anywhere else.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 05:58:08 pm »
just to re-iterate, I bought the Wiggle own brand shorts for £18 as a test for commuting (so about 45 minutes quite hard effort).
They are cut quite high at the front, so not great if you are out riding and need the loo.
The leg grippers are quite tight, but the marks fade after about 30 minutes, so not terrible.
The pad is pretty good, but it's not vented, so in hot weather you are going to get sweatier than with their fancier vented pads - however, it's really comfortable, good for two or three hours probably.
The lycra seems thick, they're well cut, not too many panels and mostly flat-locked seams.

For £18 I can't see where you could go wrong.

The DHB classic at £45 is a much nicer short, with much more supple pad, very smooth and comfortable cut seams and leg grippers, really airy bibs, cut lower at the front - altogether a great short, but it's nearly three times the price!